Jul 11, 2010

Weekend Review

Share:

Zynga threw a lot of stuff at us this weekend.  Every time this happens, many get upset because of all the issues that need to be fixed.  I'm still locked on Chapter 1 of Episode 7 in Bangkok and can't move forward.  It was a slap in the face to see that I could have gotten double mastery this weekend and possibly finished.  I try to understand that the game developers and the game fixers are two different groups of people but it still makes me mad.

2X Fight Loot 
Many have collected data and indeed we were given double the fight loot and the drop rate percentages were not changed.  I think the people at Zynga had a meeting and unanimously decided that they were douches for decreasing the drop rates by 50% for the 2X Fight Loot Must Play Weekend.  To make it up to us, they offered this bonus again.  Follow the this Top Mafia.Info Forum Discussion Thread to see the results from other players.  Here is a screen shot from this thread.  Wow!  Yonks used 5,000 stamina to get this data.  I attempted to do a study like this but I kept forgetting to take screen shots and lost the juice in my lap top a few times.  We are all lucky that Top Mafia.Info does this kind of thing. (click on image to enlarge)

VIP ACCESS
Many players have gotten lucky and now have VIP Access to Las Vegas.  They were all disappointed when they realized this is not a benefit at this time.  Those who made it were told "CONGRATULATIONS!
Only the VIPs get early access to Vegas, and you just scored your invite. Check back regularly for info on the sneak preview".  As of now there is nothing to do but brag about your good luck.  Follow the Zynga Forum Discussion Thread titled Vegas VIP Access to see everybody gloat or complain.  I did learn that having access will get you in one week before everybody else.  I was able to try two more times and encountered more Bad Luck.  This MOFO is getting on my nerves!  Zynga missed a money making opportunity here.  I would rather use Reward Points to gain access than rely on Zynga luck.  I looked in the Marketplace but found no way to speed up the timer, buy more chips or just buy your way in.  Don't they realize that's how things are done in the real Las Vegas?


Whack The Rat "Jimmy Vegas"
Thanks to all the wonderful script writers, The Vegas Mission was a piece of cake.  I did a few energy and stamina runs using Spockholms RepeatJob to get The Plum and The Lime, and AttackX to get the Triple Bar and The Cherry (you can also use Arun's Brawler for these).  I used a combination of the Spockholms Holiday Repeater and The Mafia Wars AutoPlayer to complete special jobs to get the Liberty Bell and the Lucky 7.  This also helped me master the featured job.  If you do the 5 min job 100 times, it takes about 8 hours to master it.  I did it 80 times and then did the 24 hour job once.  Both programs worked great and it was easy to do.  I also had to accept an Orange from the Free Gifts.  I used Josh Millers JGrabAllGifts for this but I was more concerned about accepting 10 Rack of Chips than I was about the silly Orange.  When it was all said and done, I got some new loot and a new achievement badge.  Nothing that great but I'm happy to be finished.(click on images to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.