Jul 12, 2010

Search This Blog

Share:

If you ever tried to use the Google Search Bar on my blog and it didn't work, it wasn't anything you were doing wrong.  It was me the whole time.  When I added it, I assumed it would just start working on it's own. I didn't realize I would have to add some kind of computer code somewhere on my blog.  I wasn't smart enough to figure this out but I didn't want to remove it because it looked cool.  My bad.
I thought about asking some of my computer friends to see if they could it but I already bug them enough as it is.  I knew it was up to me and I was on a mission to find a way for you to easily search my blog.  I had to give up on the Google Search Bar and look for an alternative.  I considered using labels for each article but I've been lazy about adding them and it would take weeks to catch up.  I'm excited to report that I found a search bar and I got it to work without any assistance.  Drum roll......My new search bar is the Lijit Search Wijit.  I'm feeling pretty computer savvy right now.  Lijit may not be as well known or popular as Google but they sure make it easy for computer dingbats like me to figure out.  Now if you need to find a topic within my blog, just type in a key word or phrase and you will get a list of relevant articles.  Wow, I have 32 articles discussing bookmarklets.  I hope Zynga doesn't see this!  It will also list the most popular searches and that will help me determine what the people are looking for.  Don't try to be funny and type in a bad word because I activated the naughty word filter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.