Jun 28, 2010

Repeat Job: Team Spockholm

Share:

I got the following message from my friend Karin Schmidt the creator of Karin's Combat Arena.  Karin's Combat Arena is a group used by many clan members to have mock wars and get useful information.  If you join, you will also get "Karin's Tips" sent right to your inbox.  I was happy to get this message because it reminded me that I need to get my 7 Las Vegas Loot items.  
I decided to take Karin's advice.  I went to The Associate Job Tier in NY and chose the job "Mugging" which costs 2 energy points a click.  After about 10 or so clicks, I got really bored and decided it was a good time to bust out The RepeatJob Bookmarklet by Team Spockholm.  I was able to get all four of the Las Vegas Loot items that are dropped when doing jobs!  To learn how to use RepeatJob Beta and see my results, keep reading.

1.  Go to the Spockholm Maifia Tools Beta Page and locate "RepeatJob Beta".  Beta bookmarklets simply mean that they change a lot because of the changes made by Zynga.  You don't need to delete and re-add Beta bookmarklets whenever changes are made.
2.  Click, drag and drop "RepeatJob Beta" into your bookmark tool bar.  Read these articles if you don't understand how to install bookmarklets (1),(2).
3.  Go to your Mafia Wars game and unframe it.  Read the articles above if you're not sure what unframing means.  You can find the UnFrameMW Bookmarklet on the Spockholm Mafia Tools Stable Page.  Follow step 2 to install this bookmarklet as well.  Click UnFrameMW once to unframe the game and click on it a second time to get the scroll bars back.
4.  Go to the job you wish to repeat and do it once.  I chose Mugger and will use it in this example.  Once the job is performed and you have the first screen, go to your bookmark tool bar and click on RepeatJob Beta once.  Your game will now look like the second screen shot.
5.  Adjust the settings.  It will start running automatically if you don't pause it to adjust the settings.
Jobs done:  Enter the number of jobs you want to do.  Keep it at zero and it will go until you run out of energy.
Pause on Ratio:  You can set the program to stop running when you reach a certain experience/energy ratio, experience/stamina ratio or a certain amount of energy remaining before you level up.  I don't know how to calculate all that stuff and just keep everything at zero.  Maybe someone smart can comment to elaborate on this.
Continue or Stop on an event:  Click on the yellow continue or stop to change.
Showing or Hiding items:  Click on either of these to change.  If you choose hiding, the items you gain will not show up.
Delay:  Spockholm recommends a delay of 2 to 4 seconds between jobs to deter detection of script use by Zynga.  I encourage this too but on my energy accounts, I go all out.  I even use an auto clicker and point it on the little green arrow to make it do jobs super fast.  I know this is bad but I can't help myself.  I don't like to wait for anything.  If you don't know how to use a auto clicker, click HERE to read about the one I use.  I love my auto clicker and use it for many things.
Showing or Hiding Log: Click on either of these to change.  If you choose hiding than the log won't show up on your screen. 
6.  Remember to click the start button.  If you walk away and come back to find nothing has happened, this is probably why.  The rule I have learned with computers is if something doesn't work, it's probably you and not the program.  I've encountered many problems and know this rule well.
7.  Review your data when the run is finished.  This is the fun part.
Jobs done:  This will tell you how many jobs were performed.
Stats:  This will tell you how much experience you gained and how much money you made.
Top Mafia:  This will tell you how many jobs and the percentage of total jobs done that you received a Top Mafia Bonuses.
Loot:  This will tell you how many loot items you received and the percentage of jobs dropping loot of the total numbers of jobs performed. It will also list every type of loot item you received and how many of each.

I kind of messed up here.  I set RepeatJob to run on "Mugging" and forgot to tell it to pause after a hundred or so jobs.  I was distracted by real life and forgot it was running.  I was a little bit mad at myself when I realized it was still running.  You can see I ran the mugging job 1,457 times.  I did get all the Las Vegas Loot I needed but I also wasted 1,457 Boosted Smoothies and Money Socks on a 2 energy point job!  I'm not thrilled about the 1,159 Butterfly Knifes either.  OOPS!   At least I got the Jackpot so I don't feel too bad for being such a ditz.  

8.  For additional help, click on Help and you will be directed to the Spockholm Mafia Tools Help Page.  To keep up with updates of this and all the other bookmarklets written by Team Spockholm visit the The Spockholm Mafia Tools Fan Page to read posts made by Martin and Peter and fan discussions.  If your wondering what Pintware means, you can click on this to donate to Team Spockholm for all the hard work they do.  They enjoy writing scripts and helping people. If you are able to help out so they can keep their site going, a donation is always appreciated.  When you are all finished, click on the little red octagon with the X  in it to remove the program and stay out of frame.

1 comment:

  1. Just did the Mugger job and got Royal Flush,the last item I needed :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.