Jul 10, 2010

Secret Stash

Share:

The Secret Stash feature was once loved by many players.  About a month ago it's reputation was damaged when it was alleged that hackers could use Secret Stash postings to gain access into Mafia Wars accounts.  Word of this spread like wildfire and many just stopped using the feature all together.  To learn more about The Secret Stash scandal, read my article titled Secret Stash and Hackers.  Zynga must have noticed the decline in use of this feature and decided to give it a make over.  The icons have been revamped and the loot is much better than it was before.

I have a large mafia so I get a lot of Secret Stash posts on my wall.  I love to use the bookmarklet by Spockholm Mafia Tools called "Get Your Loot".  If you don't know how to use this, read my article titled Get Your Loot.  It's so easy to use, just one click and all of your Secret Stashes are saved into separate windows.  You can delete those wall cluttering posts and open each one whenever you want.  Instead of "Get Your Loot", the posts now say "Open Secret Reward".  Pete of Team Spockholm reports that he has written this change into the bookmarklet.  I'm glad he didn't change the name because I like it.  This program doesn't need a make over, it works great.  I had five windows to open.  My results are below.


I was happy to see I got a two Clevers (25/44) and a Royal Thai Marine (33/49) instead of the usual crap.
Unfortunately, I still got the same errors.  One that didn't tell me what I got and one that said "This stash has already been found".  Hey, Who found my loot?  I thought this was just for me.  I'm not sure if I will diligently go after Secret Stashes.  I will decide once I gather more data and see what others are saying about it.  It's kind of like when Pee Wee Herman got arrested for indecent exposure in an adult movie theater.  I just can't look at him in the same light.  I think the Secret Stash is still in trouble and this attempt by Zynga to rebuild it's reputation will fail.

UPDATE:  I had 8 Secret Stash posts on my wall when I came back on-line.  I opened them with Get Your Loot.  I got 6 "This stash has already been found.  Fight another mafia now to find your own" messages, 1 was blank, and one was a Cougar (51/32)!  The Cougar is a high end fighting loot item and makes me want to open these more.  The ratio of working to non-working secret stashes looks bad so far.  Let me know what yours are.
These just in.  Another high end fighting loot item.  The Zues (54/18) and a Cobra G7 (53/25).  I could get used to this!

5 comments:

  1. I'm losing at least 1 on 3 secret stash... One of them was open 45 seconds after posting...and got a '' This stash has already been found. ''

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing here. Loosing more stashes than I am getting. How can the stash have been found, when I thought you couldn't loot other peoples stashes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem with this is that anyone can collect on this link...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still happening I just lost 5 out of 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get screwed on about 75% of the secret loots. I'm not gonna waste the 30 secs to check them anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.