Jun 9, 2010

Gifting Issues and Their Impact on The Trading Community

Share:

There are all kinds of issues going on with gifting.  As I reported before, Zynga imposed a time delay on gifting intervals when using the "Gift All" option from a recipients wishlist.  At the time it was believed that the new interval was 2 seconds.  This isn't the case 100% of the time and intervals I've seen reports on and experienced myself can be up to 16 seconds!  Gifting manually by clicking the "Gift All" button or using Aruns Wishlist Chucker are not efficient options at this time.  There is also a problem with some users gifting pages.  On the Aruns Mafia Helpers Fan Pages, Arun made a post about this.  Check it out and read the comments to learn how this is affecting other players.  Mafia Wars Maniac also has an article about this issue titled Friends Not Showing in Gifting List! (Fixed).  There is also information on what you need to do if your account has not been fixed.
"Seems zynga screwed up the gifting page again, this time not entirely (thank god !) but the user list alone. Instead of the FB Ids as it used to be previously, now it contains 2-4 digit ids, it's possible they screwed something up trying to migrate the new MW Id's.  Not all accounts are affected though, until they fix t...his, Chucking from user list may not work. Profile Chucking still works"./Arun
As stated above, The Wishlist Chucker is not working like it used to because of the changes made by Zynga.  There is an excellent discussion about this on Arun's Fan Page titled Chucker Down?

I decided to test out all the various gifting methods and report my results.
1.  Manually Gifting:  I chose to send myself a gift from a different account.  I pulled up my Facebook profile, used the Spockholm Switch Bookmark to get to my MW page, clicked on send gift, chose a gift to send, scrolled down the list and found my name and clicked on the box next to it and clicked send gift.  This is what I got.  This gifting issue has not been fixed for me.




2.  Manually Gifting using the wishlist and Gift All button:  I went back to my profile and clicked on "Gift All" , once and the items were sent, I clicked "Gift All" a second time and got a message telling me to wait a moment before attempting to send another item.  A Zynga moment must be a long time because a second round of gifts were not sent after clicking the button about 15 times!!!  Finally the second round of gifts went through.







3.  Using Aruns Wishlist Chucker:  This didn't work well for me.  Because of the time delays, the Wishlist Chucker hung up and had to try again multiple times.











4.  Using Aruns Chucker:  This is the way to go.  The time limit is still there but doesn't seem to take as long.  I sent myself all 137 High Tech Car Parts that were in this account.  I started the Chucker at 09:20 and it sent 137 items in 30 minutes (stopped at 09:50).  That is still a longer time than it usually takes but will work for now and is the most viable option of the ones I have to choose from.















5.  Using The Services of a Capitalist To Send Multiple Gifts Fast:  I did not test this out and do not wish to encourage it but there are people who claim to have figured out a way around this and offer a service (that you have to pay for) to send many items in a short amount of time.  I don't know if this is legitimate but I found this fan page and will only post a screen shot from it as I don't want to have any of you try it only to find out it was just a scam.  If he wants to site me for copyright infringement then I will report his site to Facebook and Zynga.  If you have used this service and would like to comment on it, please do (without using an anonymous sign in).











As you can imagine, the problems with gifting have had an impact on the trading community.  In addition to the gifting problems, the market value of lotto sets and some high end loot has dropped.  This was because of the cloning script that was used by some to make many of these items.  Once this script was put to rest by the changes imposed by Zynga, the rumors started flying about ALL script use and account suspensions.  I spoke with several owners of popular trading sites and they have seen a decrease in the number of trades, especially bulk trades.  Many are afraid to use the chuckers and also don't trust that the items they could receive from trading are "legitimate".  All items, weather they were cloned or not are REAL.  Zynga does not have a way to tell which ones came from the script and which ones did not.  They most likely have targeted accounts with abnormally large numbers of the items in the inventory.  Please read the articles I wrote on these rumors to get the facts before you choose to believe them (#1, #2, #3).
"This has clearly killed bulk trading as traders are not able to send or receive in bulk in a reasonable amount of time...The cloning script killed the lotto market but this is an advantage because the market is showing a correction in prices of these items with low trade volumes"/Ram Krish, Owner of The Elite Traders Club.
If you're not happy about the delays in the gifting options, there is a group called The T®usty Gifting Petition Rally.  Join this group and post or read ideas and comments on the wall.  If you're computer savvy and would like to share your ideas on fixing the gifting changes please go to the discussion thread titled Ways to Decrease Server Use and make a suggestion.  They do not want complaints, only possible solutions. 

"Our main focus is for solution based issues that will help both Zynga and trading within the game. Please bear in mind that this thread is not for whining or complaining about what happened or why you wanna quit the game or talking about other bugs in the game cos that would be endless. Please just focus on specific gifting solutions to help save on server issues, as well as improve gifting. We got to keep it clean as we would be submitting this to Zynga. If this is done right, they will listen!"/ Varun Reddy,T®usty Gifting Petition Rally

2 comments:

  1. this time delay gifting is, without a doubt, a pain.... but to me, what's even worse is that "send gift" feature zynga took out a week or so ago... which is to automatically select the person when you click send gift(then would direct you to the gifting page) from his/her MW profile... that feature to me, is more important....

    ~ baduy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I was looking to trade a craps table for vipers or scorpions. I think I'll hang onto it now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.