Jun 24, 2011

Premium and Vengeance Boosts In News Feeds

Share:

Yesterday I told you about the three new Premium Boosts that are now available in the Marketplace (1).
The Official Mafia Wars Blog told us about another boost called Vengeance on June 2nd and we haven't seen anymore about it.  A little over a week ago, Vikrant Dwivedi posted a Vengeance Boost on the Mafia Wars Loot Lady Fan Page (1). I asked him where he got and I was told from a robbing level up post. Since then, I've been working on leveling up in robbing from an account that really sucks (it was the only one I had to try). I only got about one successful robbery per board so this task took a while. Tonight I finally got a robbing level up popup and was able to verify that you can get a Vengeance Boost.
When your mafia members click on a robbing level up post, they will get one boost. Sometimes they are good ones and sometimes they are crap. The new Premium Boosts are also available from this feed post.
I was able to get a Vengeance Boost from the post above as well.
Robbing level up posts are rare because there are only 10 levels and many players have fully mastered robbing. I wanted to do a little more investigating of this Vengeance Boost so Mike Nestor and I ran the Event Scanner by Team Spockholm on multiple accounts. It would be nearly impossible to find robbing level up posts doing a manual search. It wasn't easy but between the two of us we managed to find a few of these posts and collected several Vengeance Boosts.
The Premium Boosts that you get from the news feeds or from the Marketplace are giftable.
You can add them to your wishlist and hope your mafia members send them to you. These will probably have a high value in the trading market until Zynga nerfs it like they did with the Absinthe and Jukebox boosts.
If you put them on your wishlist, you can also get them from Mystery Bags.
Vengeance Boosts are also giftable and the first thing you will notice is Zynga isn't quite sure what they want them to do. You can see here I have three different types of Vengeance Boosts. They look identical but each has a different description. One gives a +200% in attack skill, the other +400% and the last +800%.
Just for kicks, I added all three of them to my wishlist.
If you want to send any of the boosts mentioned in this post to your mafia, go to the Gifting Page and select the "Boosts" tab and you can use the Multi-Gifter to send them. They aren't listed on the Chucker at this time.
If you put a Vengeance Boost on your wishlist you can get one from Mystery Bags.
According to the Official Mafia Wars Blog, Vengeance Boosts are suppose to be activated when you lose to someone in a fight. Your suppose to get a health refill, a 10% stamina boost, +200% on your attack skill and you need to spend 3 Reward Points. By the time I was ready to test these boosts out, I had one of each type (Mike had the others).
I turned my boosts on and attacked someone I lost to until all of my boosts were gone.
I saw that my other boosts were being used but not once did the Vegeance Boost appear.
When I went back to my Boost Page, all of the Vengeance Boosts were gone! They never showed up as being used so I would like to know where they went. For now, I wouldn't waste my time searching the news feeds for them as they are worthless and don't do anything. It's possible they will in the future so if you want to collect them, make sure you keep your boosts turned off.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.