Oct 21, 2010

Missions Nerf

Share:

I've been so busy working on Italy that I haven't had time to check out anything else.  I didn't like what I found out about the Missions Feature. Everybody loved the Missions and they were a lot of fun.  Release Notes 10 makes it sound like the Missions got even better.  I like that they now pay out in Lira and 3 new missions and 6 achievements have been added.  I'm only getting the old missions and have yet to see the new ones in my news feeds.
Zynga decided to throw a few nerf balls at us and changed the great rewards that made the low experience ratios worth the cost of energy and stamina.  I wonder why they didn't include this little bit of news in the Release Notes.  Did they think we wouldn't notice?  And what's with all the question marks on the adjusted reward pages?  Every time Zynga adds the element of surprise and mystery to anything they consider a reward, the outcome is never desirable.  Look at the Mystery Animals, Mystery Bags, and the Mystery Reward from the Daily Checklist.  Most of the time the reward is not worth the click(s) it took to get it.
Easy Missions
Medium Missions
Hard Missions
Mike Nestor and I participated in a few missions and took screen shots of our rewards.  Some of them aren't horrible but this is nothing as good as we have been getting.  
Personally, I would prefer to just stop utilizing this feature.  That's what I planed on doing until I remembered that 6 new Mission achievements were added. 4 of them were awarded retrospectively but the remaining 2 will take a while to achieve.  We need to successfully complete 100 Missions and help in 100.  If the Missions turn out to be like the Secret Stashes and the rewards get worse with time, I imagine many players will stop doing them once they get the achievements.
I noticed something looked different on my missions.  The Mafia Wars profiles of the Mission initiator and all helpers are now available.  Wow, what a great idea.  I wonder why the script writers never thought of it.  Oh wait, they did....2 weeks ago!(1),(2)  To access the Mafia Wars profile of a Mission participant, hover your mouse over the image and click on the link.  If you need their Facebook ID, use the Switch bookmarklet which can be found on the Spockholm Mafia Tools Stable Page.
Mission ID by Team Spockholm
(Zynga's Imitation)
Mission Owner by Special Agents Dookie and Arun
(Zynga's Imitation)
According to Al Catraz, Super Moderator, Zynga is listening to our feedback about the Missions Nerf.  Changes are promised and they would like to know what type of rewards we consider rare and uncommon. Here's an idea.  If players like something, don't mess with it in the first place.  Who cares what is rare and uncommon? This isn't E-bay, it's a game that many of your players are getting frustrated with.  To follow this discussion thread, click HERE

3 comments:

  1. Got all 6 achievements, bye missions :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty bummed with the new rewards that are being given out now for helping in missions. I received a couple collection items that I vaulted ages ago and an mid level weapon item that will not be utilized. Great for people just starting their mafia, but not for veteran player. I think you get better collection/loot items if you still help on the med/hard missions, but definitely a nerf. Glad zynga listened to feedback regarding "mission initiators" and helpers. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find those release notes?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.