Sep 4, 2010

San Juan Resources and Boss Look-A-Likes

Share:

It's Saturday 9/4 and I still can't fight the San Juan Bosses.  I laughed when I tried to help one of my mafia members because I got the apology pop-up and the rotating bullets at the same time.
It's not fun seeing everybody else make progress fighting the San Juan Bosses in my news feeds.  I worry there won't be enough time to finish.  The Mafia Wars Fan Page tells me to be patient and the event will be extended.
Since I can't participate in the event, I did a little research and found a lot of great information.  Everything you would want to know is on the Mafia Wars Wiki San Juan page.  They have awesome graphics and charts.  I created the image below using images from the Wiki page.
The Mafia Wars Maniac Blog has some great equations you can use to determine how much stamina and time it will take you complete each boss fight.  TopMafia.Info has many posts on this topic with sound advice.  Yonks explains how helping others with the boss fight gets you loot and great exp/stamina ratios.  Spockholm Mafia Tools created a bookmarklet called Boss Fighter and it will save you lots of clicks.  Check their Fan Page for news and status updates of Boss Fighter.  Instructions can be found in my article titled Spock On (In San Juan)!.
I didn't find anybody making fun of the bosses so I decided that would be my contribution of covering this event.
Sean Connery As Senor Carazco
When Senior Carazco isn't busy defending himself against Mafia Wars player attacks, he often makes appearances on Celebrity Jeopardy.  He is as easy to beat in Mafia Wars as he is in Jeopardy!
Fidel Castro As General Vargas
Zynga keeps General Vargus busy.  In addition to fighting with Mafia Wars players, he also resides on the Cuban Welcome Page.  He got a small break when he retired as the Cuba Job Help Request Guy.
Between flying back and forth between Cuba and San Juan, General Vargas is a part time political adviser for President Obama.
George Michael of Wham As Don Ramirez
Don Ramirez causes many problems for Zynga.  When he's not on the Cuba Welcome Page with General Vargas, he often disappears into the nearest public restroom.
Once Don Ramirez steps out of the bathroom, all the Mafia Wars players attack him.  This causes a server overload and is the main reason for all the troubles with this event.  Players don't like waiting if front of the bathrooms and it isn't a pleasant overall experience.  Zynga is working hard to fix the Don Ramirez/San Juan Public Restrooms issue and asks that we be patient.
(underlying image from flickr.com)
 Paul Blart:  Mall Cop as Big Lou
When Zynga was passing out health, Big Lou was first in line and asked for the biggest and best package they had.  He isn't very strong and anybody can cause damage.  You need a lot of stamina because it's impossible to shake him off quickly.  He hangs on for a long time!
ZokiBoss clicked on the "Run Away" button and got a verification pop-up stating that the boss will regenerate 25% of his health.  The in-game rules clearly state that "The boss will not regenerate health if you run away or your health goes down to 0".

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you still can't get in. That sucks royally. Don't worry too much about not being able to finish. If you can get in before the last three or four days of the event you'll be fine. I have 850 stamina and on the first night I was able to finish all bosses upto the first gold boss all by myself (with the help of level-up and cross promo boosts). The next night, with a level up and a cross promo boost, I finished General Vargus. Today I finished off Don Ramirez on gold level by myself. Tomorrow I'll be on the last gold star boss Big Lou. I may need help on that one. I've been lucky and not have had to use any of my RP stashed way from level-ups, but with this last boss it looks like I'm going to have to buy one stamina boost and use it with everything else I have to kick big lou's arse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my fren finished the gold level on 1st boss but the bonus not obtained," u got V 9000 and exp 20 for taking down senor carazco"/. what can i do

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.