Feb 5, 2012

Smuggler’s Haven Timers & Prices

Share:

The Slammer is gone and Zynga has replaced the banner with one for the pay to play Secret District, Smuggler’s Haven. Just like Traverse City, the timer and prices to unlock are confusing because they aren’t the same for all players. The banner on my Home Page has a timer with 9 days and 10 hours left.

sdp2I fully mastered Smuggler’s Haven when it was out last time and was charged 35 reward points to unlock it.

sdp1

All my other accounts have a timer with 4 days and 16 hours. None of these accounts has paid to unlock the Secret District.

sdp3

The account which made it to the ruby level but did not master is has to pay 25 reward points.

sdp4

The account that made it to the gold level needs to pay 30 reward points.

sdp5

The account that never touched the Secret District, needs to pay 35 reward points.

sdp6

If you do unlock it, your time on the Home Page will reset to 12 days. I believe the 4 Day 16 Hour timer is how much time there is left to take Zynga up on their offer to pay to play. If you do, you get 12 days to finish Smuggler’s Haven and that will reflect on the Home Page banner.

sdp7

This wasn’t the case with Traverse City.  It caused quite a stir when players who paid to unlocked it found it was pulled before the 12 Days had elapsed (1). At least Zynga has done something to prevent this from happening again.

sdp8

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

13 comments:

  1. Darren Fozzie FoskettFebruary 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM

    PRICELESS!
    ...and for everything else. there's MASTERCARD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully mastered Smuggler’s Haven when it was out last time and was charged 35 reward points to unlock it.

    How about reset?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the district RESET or does it just open at the level you left it? Thanks Oli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine opened where I left off and now closed with a 4 day timer counting down~cost 25 rp

      Delete
  4. It opens exactly where you left off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likewise, it has cost me 35 RP to unlock and it was fully mastered. They have been jerking this one around...it has been bouncing. At least when it first came back. First it was free and the amounts were variable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the gift box is foocked... i've sent a lot of life saver and no back gift until now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been able to complete the district twice more and receive the loot twice also along with the skill points. Thinking about trying it a third time since the buy button is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well what next now you have to pay to play sorry im a strong player on top of the game but i will never pay to do job now there just bleeding the long term players for what they can get if you carry on then after 3 years i will be deactivating my acct as well and joining the rest of the rest of the players you have lost' greed greed greed

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, If I had it fully mastered the last time and I pay to unlock, will it show up as completely mastered or will I stat over from the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have it mastered.. It was open for a short time. when I went in.. it was fully mastered.. but the loot bonus was not there. so I could have gone in and got 50 of each, of the 3 loots needed for the 5 Attack, 5 Defense and 5 Skill points..
    there was also a job with the highest ratio of 2.22 with no money or consumable needed..
    but why should I have to PAY to do the game.. it is suppose to be a FREE game.. money Grubbin idiots.. thats all they are..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really disappointed. Unless I missed it somewhere, I saw no acknowledgment of the energy/exp. ratio being dropped even further. I recall the original nerf that dropped ratios from in the 4s to 2.37 as the highest. Now, the highest at Ruby level is 2.22. I NEVER would have payed 35 RP for content I already mastered knowing ratios were lowered. I really don't care about the skill points enough to justify replaying the district.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have finished it 3 additional times. I would pay again, but there is no option. Does anybody know ? Is the time limit up (it still shows 9 days + remainig)? Is it that I have to wait 24 hours ? Is it 3x max ? Or is it a glitch that shouldn't be happening ? Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.