Jan 20, 2012

Sea Of Red Marketplace Sale Starts Now

Share:

Zynga wasn't messing around when they announced via a Home Page ad that the Sea Of Red sale was coming soon. About 3 hours later, the Sea Of Red Marketplace Promotion began.
You will be greeted with a few different popups that let you know something is going on in the Marketplace.
Reward Points are 60% off for the entire day.
They don't tell you but there is also a 60% redemption bonus on Game Cards. You can buy them on line by going to https://company.zynga.com/game-cards/buy-ecards. You will get more Reward Points this way but you take the risk of not getting your code before the offer is over. I know from experience that it can and does happen (1). If I was confident that I would get my code before the end of the day, I would buy a bunch of them.
If you miss all the popups, there is a reminder of the sale on the Home Page.
You will notice the red background and your progress meter as soon as you get to the Marketplace. You need to get 15 tick marks by January 24th at 11:59PM PST to get a Grand Prize item which is the Celestial  Dragon. As usual Loyalty Program, Fight Club, Pawnshop, Treasure Chest keys, Skill Point Reallocation and items selling for less than 5RP do not count towards your progress.
Once again, the current Crates are nerfed and not on sale for 6 Reward Points each.
The Holiday Mayhem Crates are on sale but who wants old worn out Crates? The holidays are over! Once again, I won't participate in this Marketplace Promotion. I didn't last time and enjoyed the fact that I saved a lot of my Reward Points.
There are 4 featured Limited Edition Loot items that are available for 35 Reward Points each. These were added to the inventory a few hours ago and labeled as Special Event loot instead of Marketplace (1).

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

5 comments:

  1. I used a store game card and got the reward points straight away. ~Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can easily purchase ecards from walmart.com for various pricing, the card codes easily come within 15 minutes. I learned that tip from you many months ago and I've bought my ecards there ever since.

    As to old worn loot, well.. I guess I was a silly person, I bought some anyway, because most will still help my stats, and I can't imagine that a few weeks with the new crates will make that much difference, so if the loot helps, why not buy the old worn out crates if your going to buy anything at all :) 6 rps is far better than paying 35 rps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a small card using the link above, delivered via email, and it arrived within a couple of minutes

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want the heavy metal crates. the loots are better. but this would cost 180 rp to get the sea red :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to be a crate behind new one and get them 6 RP each.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.