Jan 5, 2012

More Family Property Changes

Share:

I posted about 3 changes in the Family Property feature here. It turns out there are 3 additional changes. The instructions have been modified to include these changes. The first thing you will notice when you click on the yellow help mark is the new instructions are much longer. Zynga must have realized that the Family Property feature confused many of their players.
(click images to enlarge)
Before
After
One important change that wasn't apparent right away is that Family Properties now will regenerate health over time. Zynga doesn't provide us with information on how much health will be regenerated over a certain period of time. I don't have any accounts with health less than 100% to test it out. If you know please comment. This will save families Artillery Shells in the upgrade process. A good strategy will be to wait until the property has fully regenerated before adding Artillery Shells to the upgrade pool. 
The number of Artillery Shells you can collect per day from robbing another Family Property has been changed from 30 to 60. I don't think this will matter because nobody wastes their stamina robbing Family Properties.
A huge change that may put life back into the robbing feature is your individual character strength will be used to determine the outcome of a robbery. 
This wasn't a factor before and we found that you would lose about 6 out of 7 robberies regardless of how strong you were. Failed robberies only give a experience/stamina ratio of 1.0. Most don't rob Family Properties because of this.
I did notice that the drop rate of Artillery Shells seems to have improved. The first image is from a round of attacks on a Level 5 family and I got my stamina gradient to 38,121. I had to stop because the stamina pool on that account was less than what was require to attack.
I robbed a different family (sorry) today and got the same number of Artillery Shells but used much less stamina. I'm sure the level of the opponents property also contributes. Unfortunately this system will cause families who are on the lower level of their upgrade to become targets.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

2 comments:

  1. "Unfortunately this system will cause families who are on the lower level of their upgrade to become targets."

    Yes, just as the Ice Seasons have caused lower level players to become repeated targets.

    Zynga's apparent goal seems to be to retain a few large families with (what used to be called) Diamond level players, and let everyone else either become cannon fodder or quit the game.

    Most will choose to leave (as many already do every day to dissatisfaction with being unable to upgrade properties and unable to complete timed missions and districts).

    Frankly, I'm one of those. Historically I've purchased at least 1,000 RP per month for the past year or so, with a few months where I purchased 2,000 or 3,000. I was willing to do this because I enjoyed the game, and had specific goals that I wanted to reach at the time.

    The key there is that *I* had specific goals that I wanted to reach at the time, not that I was being prodded by Zynga to reach specific goals in *their* time frame. The first is "fun"; the latter is "work". While I didn't mind paying to have fun, I will NOT pay to work.

    As a result, I will purchase no more RP for any purpose until such time as Zynga stops being so obnoxious in their attempts to force me to do so.

    That said, I believe that I *would* be willing to pay a reasonable monthly fee to play IF all of the other RP requirements within the game (with the possible exception of those within the Marketplace) were removed from the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health regeneration is 1 every 5 min. on Level 1.

    Ma.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.