Jan 14, 2012

Back Alley Business Bug #2

Share:

There is another bug involving the Back Alley Business Secret District. I've seen players complain about it and today it happened to me. After waiting to loot all the required items to get the skill point bonuses, I finally ruby mastered the Secret District. I was excited to get my popup and brag to all my friends about it. On the last click of the last job, nothing happened. I was a little bummed out but it's not the end of the world if you don't get a popup. You can see all my jobs are now at 100% mastery.
If you look closer at the district title, you can see the ruby star is not as bright as it should be.
How It Is
How It Should Be 
The good thing about this bug is I can now do Ruby Level jobs without running into another bug that exists (1). My job windows open and I can see what loot items drop while in a completely mastered ruby level Secret District. Most players can't. The Ruby Level job bug still persists and it's not even on the Known Issues forum (at the time of this post).
I can live without a bright and shinny ruby star but I can't deal with missing loot. When I went to my inventory to check on the Street Warrior rewarded to those who master the Ruby Level, I was not happy. I have the Gold Level Street Warrior but should have the Ruby Level.
I had to contact Customer Support. The agent was helpful and upgraded my Street Warrior. The ruby star on the district wasn't fixed but I don't want it to be. I probably missed out on the skill point but I forgot to check as I wasn't anticipating this issue. 

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

7 comments:

  1. I had the same thing happen i just went back and clicked each job 1 time and got the popup and mastery item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you ask for help on a job that is nearly complete, your helpers will take the task to 100% but that doesn't register in the game as a completed job, it needs one click to register it as finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so bored and angry with all this bugs or technical problems from zynga. tons of events,minigames ,limited time chapter and nothing works.
    greets and thanks for your help

    ReplyDelete
  4. this happened some times before! You don't get the bright star nor the loot because there is one job that is not fully mastered despite they all show 100%. The workaround I discovered is to do each job one time! As you get to the one that you were missing full mastery (altought the 100% was there) you get the pop up and the shining star and may be if you are lucky you even get the loot again. Best of luck, try it and post the results.

    [AYLBTU] IronMan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know the url address to Zynga live chat support. I have so many quirks and errors which also happen to me and it is very frustrating to go through the salad to report issues to Zynga I just give up. I would appreciate the shortcut to speak live with Zynga support, as I see others talk frequently of solving their problems live, but not so willing to share the url info. I even had one person lead me on a wild goose chase searching for it and in the end said " Hmmm well it works on my computer!"... thanks so much in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now they're going to give everyone who rubied the event a Ruby level street warrior and you'll have two. Happens every time... anyone who keeps playing this f-ed up game is a moron... I still pissed everyone got to keept the gold and sliver stuff that last time this crap happened. Sucks hard how massively unfair this game is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the last event like this I finished it early on and then the loot drops stopped so I didn't even get the amount of loot for the lowest level reward this time I waited to finish it until I at least got the 10 of each loot item then finished and so far for the last 6 days no more loot falls once again so I am about tired of zynga fails....... oh well guess they are after the all mighty $ afterall.. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.