Nov 23, 2011

Zynga's Save Dons's Dinner Post

Share:

Zynga finally got around to supplying us with some information about the Save Don's Dinner Thanksgiving Event (1).  I was very flattered that they used the image I posted on my blog. It could be a coincidence and maybe they took their screen shot at the exact same second as I did. If you compare the two images, the timer is exactly the same. They are more then welcome to use anything I have posted on my blog. Technically,  all images taken from the game and posted on this blog belong to Zynga. It's unfortunate they didn't read the post from which the image was borrowed. Their post contains a few errors and a omission that are outlined below.

My Screen Shot-posted yesterday
Save Don's Dinner
They fail to tell you that you can get Turkeys for sending Turkeys to your mafia. All they say about it you can get 20 from generating your own requests and they make it sound like you can make 4 posts a day. This isn't true. Since the event started, I've only been able to generate 1 request as my request button is grayed out. If you could only get Turkeys from posting requests, it would need to be available every 6 hours. This isn't the case for any players.
Requesting from your Mafia: You can receive up to 20 turkeys per day from requests to your friends; each request makes 5 turkeys available to be claimed by friends.

Their explanation of Turkey Protection is wrong. It looks like they got confused and clouded it with Turkey Vision. Here is how they describe Turkey Protection.
Turkey Protection guards your turkeys against theft for a limited time (5 minutes). You can gain them from your Mafia (max of 20 Turkey Protections received via requests per day) or purchased in quantities of 5 for 5RP or 10 for 8RP. Automatically depleted when you are attacked or iced.
There is no time limit on Turkey Protection. If someone ices you and you have a Turkey Protection boost, you will lose it. You keep all of your boosts until they disappear from other players icing you. The prices of Turkey Protection are also wrong. You can buy 10 for 7 Reward Points. I don't know where they came up with 5 for 5 or 10 for 8. I double checked to make sure there wasn't an update and the cost is still 10 for 7.
Their explanation of Turkey Vision does clear up a few things. As soon as the event started, I was able to activate my Turkey Vision for free and it lasted a total of 5 minutes. The in game instructions state "You have 5 mins of free Turkey Vision". After the five minutes expired, a Reward Point purchase button was added.  guess this was a one time thing. Zynga was generous and gave us all 5 minutes of Turkey Vision in an event that lasts over 8 days.
I did test it out to confirm and if you purchase Turkey Vision for 10 Reward Points and it lasts a total of 15 minutes.
In my opinion, Turkey Vision is a total waste of Reward Points. You get insight into who has protected and unprotected Turkeys, at the moment you refresh your fightlist. We all know statuses can change and be different from what is displayed. When I used my Turkey Vision, I lost count of how many players were already iced when I attacked them.
Just because you are attacking someone who had (or had) an unprotected Turkey doesn't mean you will get the ice and hence the Turkey.
15 minutes is not long enough for this boost to be of any value. Smart players who want to spend 10 Reward Points to help them in this event should have a light bulb go off on top of their heads. Why on earth would anybody buy something to help them get a few Turkeys when they can just go to the Marketplace and buy 10 Turkeys for the same cost!
The last bit of new information gathered from the Zynga post is that the event will continue past the timer expiration and we can redeem (and purchase) Turkeys until December 7th.
The Save Don’s Dinner event has already begun and ends at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, November 30th. You will be able to continue to purchase and redeem turkeys through December 7th.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

4 comments:

  1. dont waste your rps here, spend it on skill points!!!
    just a friendly reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I constantly see the "collect your reward" for this Turkey of a game,but noticed on the first time collecting,I got the lowest (att/def) level of the henchmen,so I'm guessing you need to wait till the whole line is filled to the ruby level to collect the Grand Prize,which is lit up,begging me to click it,(showing the strongest weapon award 155/95),while I'm again in the middle of Bronze and silver on the meter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, do they explain how to get the ruby level Butler ( or gold or silver for that matter)? When I redeemed my 100 turkeys, I got 4 bronze level butlers. Not quite what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and what's with the late redemption if we can't get much of the turkeys...

    one thing for sure is zynga never learn their lesson and just by playing fair they take all means to screw the events to mw players

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.