Nov 17, 2011

2 Free Gifts for the Price of 1...and Other Gifting Updates

Share:

UPDATE: In record time this was fixed. There is no longer a delay and it's impossible to click both the link and the button. It's too bad fighting still has issues and they aren't trying to fix that in the same efficient manner as this bug.
-----------

If you are feeling sad that Zynga is taking away the ability for us to get 2 gifts from the same gift request (1 from the ZMC and 1 from the Facebook Request Page), cheer up! There is a way to get 2 gifts from the same request right inside your ZMC. Here are 3 Special Parts requests in my ZMC.
If you click on the "Accept Gift" link first and then immediately click on the "Accept Gift and Thank" button, you will end up with two gifts instead of 1. You need to be fast and get the second click in before the first click processes.
To verify that this works, I took a screen shot of my Special Parts before and after I opened the 3 requests shown above.  had 3,221 before and ended up with 3,227 after. Instead of 3 Special Parts, I received 6 (2 per each gift).
Another good change is a problem I addressed here has been fixed. We can now see what is contained in any of our "Mystery" type gifts if we use the "Accept Gift and Thank" button. Once you open the gift, if will hang around for about 5 seconds before it disappears. This is a great update because it was annoying to choose between not sending a gift back or not seeing what was inside Mystery Bags, Mystery Boost Packs, Secret Drops and Mystery Shipments.
The last good change was return gifts are now the gift you send and not Mystery Bags. I sent a Special Part to Mike Nestor. Here it is in his ZMC.
He accepted and thanked me for it. You can see that the requests now state what you are sending rather than just a generic thank you.
Before
After
When I went to my ZMC, I had a Special Part and not a Mystery Bag. I believe this change was made a few days ago as I haven't seen a lot of Mystery Bags in my ZMC. This is just the first time I've had to verify it.

Thanks to Jerry Whirley for posting the double gift steps on the Mafia Wars Loot Lady Fan Page

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

5 comments:

  1. next test for you....is it double helper points too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news! I just hope they don't nerf it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you go past the 200/day gift limit with this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems they've already fixed this one by removing any delay from between the two clicks - funny how they can get right on these little mites when it's something that's *good* for us but it takes them forever to fix things that suck.

    Also makes me think people are right who say they've got little artificial delays stuck all in the game just to keep you from being able to play quickly, get done, and get out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came back to report that this was, in fact, nerfed. But I see you've already noticed. What is their fucking problem already? As more and more people leave mafia wars it has become harder and hard to get gifts from my ever-shrinking mafia. And so they decide to eliminate gift doubling. What total assholes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.