Nov 14, 2011

Mystery Gifts That Remain A Mystery

Share:

A problem brought about by the gifting updates is you don't always get to see what's inside the Mystery Bags you open. That kind of takes away the fun. This problem pertains to all gifts that contain an item that isn't displayed on the request like Blue Mystery Bags, Red Mystery Bags, Mystery Boost Packs, Secret Drops, Mystery Bonuses and Mystery Shipments. We are now forced to make a decision of not seeing what our gifts contain or not sending gifts back. One defeats the purpose of mystery gifts and the other defeats the purpose of "enhanced" gifting.
There are now two different ways to open a Mystery Bag in the ZMC. You can use the "Accept Gift and Thank" button or the "Accept Gift" link.
Most people want to thank their mafia members for taking the time to send them gifts so the Accept Gift and Thank is the more popular option. The problem with using this button to open any type of Mystery gift is you will never know what was inside of it. Hayden sent me a Mystery Bag and I wanted to thank him for it. I clicked on the Accept Gift and Thank button and a return gift request was immediately generated.
As soon as I clicked the "Accept Gift and Thank" button, the Mystery Bag disappeared from my ZMC and the return request appeared. I was never shown what was inside of my Mystery Bag at anytime.
If you lose sleep because you don't know what was inside of your Mystery Bags, there is a work around. The problem with the work around is you don't get the option to return one to your mafia members. Here are two more Mystery Bags in my ZMC.
For these, I used the "Accept Gift" link. As soon as I clicked on it, an image of what was inside the Mystery Bag appears and stays until I close out the ZMC. Now Ashley and Ad will think I'm rude for not sending them a gift back. To work around that problem, I could go to my Free Gift Page and send them a gift but doing that for all players who gift you a mystery gift of some type would take away from the ease of the ZMC.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

7 comments:

  1. yes, i want to use this accept and thank, but i want to know what i got lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And cs says to remove application and re-install and see if that helps. OMG, when will they actually have real CS read and know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zynga had ruined the game ROYALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the auto-return but I certainly need to know when I got a stamina or energy boost. Sure don't want to get 2 and have one go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been accepting mystery bags without returning the gift, but then I keep a list of everyone who sent me one. Once a day, I go to the free gift page and send a mystery bag to everyone on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I guess this is another "slow roll" because I don't have an "accept and thank" button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The accept and thank button appears to be working now. The blue mystery bags show you what you got, and disappear after about 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.