Oct 4, 2011

You Iced My Father Mission Walk Through

Share:

This weeks Limited Time Mission is called You Iced My Father....Prepare To Die. It's based in Chicago and has 6 parts. There are a couple hours shy of 7 days to complete it. The loot rewards are all great and there aren't many tasks that will require a wait. Players should be able to finish this Mission with plenty of time to spare.

Part 1
Gather Intel
Loot 10 Incriminating Documents from fights. You will see them slide across your screen and it doesn't take very long to get 10 of them. Incriminating Documents are usually looted from jobs in District 2 of Chicago.
Rob 15 properties in Chicago. Now that there is a Robbing Board in Chicago, there shouldn't be any problems.
The robbery must be successful in order to count towards the Mission.
The last objective requires you to ask your mafia for 10 Body Bags. Click on the "Ask" button to generate a request.
If you already have Body Bags in your inventory, this task will be auto-checked. You might want to check your Body Bag count before and after this part of the Mission because many players, including me, lost all of their Body Bags. To learn more on this issue, go to this thread on the Zynga forums.
The loot rewards are 3 Blind Tigers which have stats of 148/123. This is what players want to see from their loot rewards. I can't wait to see what the next ones are.

Part 2
Time For Some Back Up
Clear 6 Robbing Boards in Chicago. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, you just need to rob every property on the board. If you are in a hurry, use Rob Squad Boosts and clear a board in one click.
The next task requires that you loot 10 20S Specials from jobs. If you click the "Go Now" button, you will be directed to District 3 in Chicago.
You will notice the 20S Special icon on all of the jobs. District 3 contains the high energy jobs and Zynga wants to trick you into thinking you'll need to spend a lot of energy.  Don't fall for it.
If you go to District 1, you will see the same icons on all of the jobs. You will spend far less energy in District 1 but there is still a cheaper way.
All New York jobs will also drop 20S Specials.
If you're really short on energy, you can even do the "Chase Away Thugs" job that costs 1 energy to get the task done.
The last 2 objectives can be explained together.
In order to "Get 4 Crew Members in Chicago", you to have spots open in your queue. I had 15 members already in my queue so I had to dump some to make room. Since the queue is shared with Brazil, I activated some positions there.
I now had enough vacant spots in my queue. Clicking the "Ask" button is a waste of time as you will need to wait for your mafia to accept your requests. Click on the Crew Icon to open up your queue and located the "Recruit" button.
This will allow you to generate a news feed post and it should take no time at all to get 4 new members.
 For the next objective, just activate 4 Crew Positions in Chicago.
The loot reward is 2 Muzzle Madnesses. This is also a great loot item and will be active in most players inventories.

Part 3
Broom Stick And A Ride
The first objective was auto-checked for me.
I checked the inventory to see what a Bootlegger's Rifle was and it's one of the City Store items. If you have enough of them, you won't have to worry about this task.
I did notice that once I completed this part of the Mission, all of my Bootlegger's Rifles were gone. It's the same thing that happened to the Body Bags.
It wasn't a big deal and I just bought more when I need to do a job requiring them.
Now you need to make 6 Concrete Shoes from your Speakeasy. Your Speakeasy must be upgraded to Level 3 in order to unlock the Concrete Shoes. For tips on quickly upgrading your Bootlegging Operation, go here.
The level you are upgraded to will determine how many items you can make every 18 hours.

Level
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
# of Items
1
1
2
2
3
3
4
4
5
6


If you are fully upgraded, you can make all 6 Concrete Shoes and won't have to wait to move on. Just click the "Make" button 6 times.
Now loot 7 Gin Millers from robbing in Chicago.
Gin Milers are a Marketplace item and you will be happy to loot as many of these as you can. Unfortunately, they stop dropping once you complete this task.
Some players were able to get more than 7 Gin Millers. If you activate both robbing bonuses and Chicago and us Rob Squads you will probably get more than 7. Thanks to Karan for figuring this one out. I wish I could go back in time.
The loot item reward is another useful item. We get 3 Bushwas. I'm really enjoying all the great loot offered in this Mission.

Part 4
Take Out His Crew
Part 4 only has 2 objectives and you can work on them simultaneously. Win 30 fights and  ice 10 opponents in Chicago.
The loot reward is another high stat item called Suicide Spatz. You only get one but this is so much better than 2-5 crappy items as we are used to seeing from these Missions.

Part 5
Send A Message
Part 5 also has two objectives that can be done together. You need to declare 3 wars and if you win all 3 you will be done. The cost to buy off a war related objective has gone way down from the last Mission. It used to cost 15 Reward Points per war, now it's only 4.  There is an 8 hour timer between declaring wars so to do this part without spending Reward Points it should take you one day. Sadly, there are no loot rewards.

Part 6
Avenge Your Father's Death
Ask you mafia for 20 Concrete Shoes. My task was autochecked so if you have 20 in your inventory, they most likely will count.
Do the Chicago District 3 job "Uncover a Plot Against You". If you were a gunner and already mastered Chicago, this will cost you 864 energy per job. You will also get some more Concrete Shoes and we may need them in Districts 4 and 5.
Take out Bobby "No-Neck" Conners. Find him on the fight list in Chicago.
He costs 250 stamina to attack and you only get 1 experience point. For the record, that's a really bad experience/stamina ratio.
The loot item reward is a Turnstyle which is the Grand Prize and has stats of 158/87.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

18 comments:

  1. on mission 5 if you were to buy a war for 4 reward points, does it click over for a win on the other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, thanks! Just a quick note that the counters are hinky; I activated four crew members and only got credit for two. There was also a minor discrepancy in the count for one of the fighting tasks, but don't remember just which one it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grand prize looks so much like the Holden Efijy concept car lol (no doubt about it) should have better stats as its one hell of a car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong wrong wrong loot lady!

    I had more tathan 10 body bags and I had to wait for click on part 1??????
    Tried getting in level 1 via jobs no dice!

    Thewhale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 74 body bags in my inventory but the 3rd section of part 1 wasn't automatically checked. I even tried to do the appropriate mission to get more, but it didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of us who haven't yet upgraded our Speakeasy and don't have the resources to do it quickly, this mission is kind of unfair.

    Yet one more reason to consider quitting.... I'm sooooo tired of seeing how easy things are for the cheat-n-ators....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had about 250 body bags at the start of this. I got credit for the 10 in the first part of the mission and now somehow they are all gone. Screwed by Zynga glitches again.

    I expect to be hosed by support again. Stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "For those of us who haven't yet upgraded our Speakeasy and don't have the resources to do it quickly, this mission is kind of unfair.
    Yet one more reason to consider quitting.... I'm sooooo tired of seeing how easy things are for the cheat-n-ators...."
    I do not get your point - you are able to collect 200 gifts per day - I think its enough building material to bring up the properties. Ahh I see the point - Yes you need more than 80 Mafia ;-) to do so. Happy hunting all

    ReplyDelete
  9. In part 3 i filled both my robbing crew slots and used a rob squad to rob all 9 boards, i was fortunate to get 6 Gin Millers that were multiplied by 3 for the boost giving me 18 in total :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I p[lay everything manual and dont use bots nor buy RWs yet my speakeasy is upgraded to level 4.5 - so I knibda object to being lumped with the 'cheat-n-ators..' however on a happier note....if you have a lower level of Speakeasy remember that if you collect and upgrade you can get an immediate re-purchase. I was on 3.5 and collected - then upgraded it to 4 and got the rest immediately. just work at collecting the parts

    ReplyDelete
  11. have 66 BOOTLEGGERS but still showing 10/15

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appears that Zynga has thrown another twist into this mission. Several people have found that the ask mafia for Body Bags or Bootlegger Rifles posts will close before you get enough for the mission, saying 'out of rewards'. CS will complete it for you, but the fact is while you are in the part of the mission needing them the other posts on the feed will GIVE you one; allowing you to finish. When you are not in that part of the mission all you get is 5 Loyalty Points. Planned?? Sure seems to have been...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tip on the re-purchase, that will help.

    These parts are not on the gift page. The only fully legal way to get them is by posting requests, which max out at 5 parts per day.

    I've always upgraded my properties at the rate of 5 pieces per day (or two) - no cheating of any kind. It takes a while but it does get done. How was I to know that I better hurry on the speakeasy?

    I got access to Chicago, what, 10 days ago? That's 50 pieces max. Just how did you get your speakeasy to 4.5 with just 50 pieces? And that's assuming pieces weren't put into the other two properties.

    All I'm saying is that with tasks like this Zynga really seems to favor the cheaters. It's like the cheaters is where they get all their money, so that's who they cater to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. After each upgrading my speekease i was able to make new concrete shoes. So I was lvl 5, made my shoes, upgraded to lvl 6 and made shoes again. so i received my 6 shoes with only 1 upgrade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I now have 2 of the concrete shoes. This is going great (sarcasm!). Soon I'll have enough parts for level 2, which requires a total of 25+15+5 = 45 parts. Either the person who said they got to level 4.5 without cheating is a liar, or there is some way of getting parts I don't know about... Chicago just hasn't been out long enough to collect the necessary parts. So Zynga has a mission that almost *requires* cheating. Like I said before: UNFAIR!! What a joke this game has become.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Something very weird just happend. Even though there are still 5 hours on my speakeasy 'Make' clock, I was able to craft an additional set of concrete shoes. The timer stayed at 5 hours. The untraceable cell phone is also unlocked, wherease it wasn't before. I'm still at level 1.5. It looks like they relaxed the rules on what ppl can make at each level. Probably because they realized how UNFAIR this particular task was.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To the guy who thinks it is unfair this mission requires you to make six items at your speakeasy... really? I'm having a hard time upgrading the speakeasy too, but there is PLENTY of time to complete this mission without doing anything special. I play MW about fifteen minutes twice a day without any "cheats", have only a 1.5 star speakeasy, and I will complete this mission with time to spare. Seriously... stop whining.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.