Jun 20, 2011

Name and family Filters Added to The Assassin-a-Nator

Share:

Team Spockholm has added name filters to the Assassin-a-Nator. Don't bother looking for the "Geeky instructions" to create a Family ID because they have already written a script called the Family ID which will do it for you.
Here are instructions on using these filters found on the FAQ section of the Assassin-a-Nator.
I have added the instructions below to my post on the Assassin-a-Nator which is still a work in progress (1). Team Spockholm is way faster than me!

Character Name Filter: Type in symbols or letters of targets you want the Assassin-a-Nator to avoid attacking. You need to type a space or do a carriage return between characters. The example used in the FAQ is [ ( { SPOCK.
You can see on the action log when targets with the characters you entered where located and skipped.
If you want to avoid a specific person, just enter their Mafia Wars profile name into the box. Since there are so many Enter New Name and Default Don's in the game, I used these as an example.
All targets with these names were skipped. 
It will skip any player with any part of the name between spaces you entered. Anybody with "Don" in their name was skipped. It would have been more specific if I just entered the word Default.
Family ID Filter: To avoid attacking a Family, you can input the Family ID into this box and players registered with that Family will be avoided. You can only use numbers and if you have more than one Family to enter here, use a space or carriage return to separate their Family ID's.
To get the Family ID number of a specific Family, use the Family ID Spocklet found on the Spockholm Mafia Tools Experimental Page.
Install it in the same manner as the Assassin-a-Nator and run in on an unframed Mafia Wars Family Page.
Since members of your own Family aren't required to be in your mafia, this will prevent you from attacking them if you don't want to use the Character Name filter. Clicking on Family ID from any unframed Family Page (yours or another Family you want to avoid) once will generate the ID number that you can enter into the filter.
Simply enter the number into the Family ID filter and you won't have to worry about attacking members of that Family. 
If you enter more than one Family, separate the ID numbers by a space or carriage return. It wouldn't be cool
to attack the Spockholm Family or my friends in [MIG] so I looked up their ID's and added them to my  Family ID filter.

Click on the "Clear" links under the Character Name and Family ID filters to completely clear them out. If you want to make edits, just click in the box to make changes.


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

3 comments:

  1. A weird thing just happened. I ran Assassin-a-Nator, and it said I couldn't use it since I was on the OLD Fight page. Thing is, I've been using the NEW Fight page nearly since it's inception! Something has happened. I'm going to re-load my game, and see if that makes a difference.

    I thought it worth noting that I may have been rolled back to OLD, and I wondered if Zynga was watching who has used Assassin-a-Nator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Even after a re-load, I am still back on the OLD Fight page :(
    Dang! I really LOVED that new page format. It got me fighting again, MANUALLY, at least until Assassin-a-Nator came out. Still, I did like seeing that Health meter go down.

    Oh well, at least Brawler works again... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. having a problem getting giftblaster to work, need code or url, where do I get it. Lootlady this is my favorite mw page, you re doing a great job here, thank you so much for what you do....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.