Jun 12, 2011

Auto Posting Coming Soon

Share:

Based on this forum thread started by Hbillings, it looks like Mafia Wars will be changing some of our requests so that they will auto post to the feeds and save us some clicks. This is what Hbillings got when he tried to request Construction Workers from his mafia.
(image from the Zynga Forums submitted by Hbillings)
I didn't find this feature on any of my accounts that don't have fully upgraded properties and it looks like there is a slow roll or possibly it's been turned off for now. Cerulean Master, Super Moderator, explains what is going on and he seems pretty excited about it.

  #4   Report Post  
Old Today, 03:52 AM
Cerulean Master's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ummm, The Forum
Posts: 5,657
Default

This is an update which I personally like, but I will have to check and see if it's mandatory.

Basically, allowing the permissions removes the Facebook request to post from the equation. It's something that is being used in Empires & Allies and I'm glad it's something we are looking into doing as well.

CM
__________________

One concern that was brought up is that some players don't want requests automatically put out there in the news feeds because they don't want to spam their non-Mafia War playing friends. I found it interesting that CM said that there was a Facebook change in which people who don't have a game application installed will not see requests from that application. I'll have to test that out when I get some time.

  #6   Report Post  
Old Today, 03:57 AM
Cerulean Master's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ummm, The Forum
Posts: 5,657
Default

There was a required change to Facebook applications a few months back where if you don't have the application installed, you will not see the posts. If there are people that are seeing the posts, but don't have the application installed, that is something I can report and have fixed.

CM
__________________



Thanks to Mafia Wars Maniac Blog for finding the forum thread mentioned above.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

8 comments:

  1. Looks good................ let's hope extra postings don't get you pink slipped from Facebook though as many are lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I made 2 friend lists for mafia wars because I was tired of sending non-players my requests...and showing my wife how much I played. I get tired of using them but it's a necessary thing. But do I trust Zynga or Facebook? When you send gifts to your recommended 'friends', Zynga adds those that recently became your friends and non-players alike. I have probably sent a request to my pastor because of Zynga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, this is not good. My wall is going to get spammed by MW stuff and my real life friends will no doubt be plastered with MW posts when they try to write on my wall. Not a good move at all. i really hope there is an option to let only certain friend groups see those posts. I.e. in the same way you can select which friend list you want to see your own MW posts on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't sweat the spammage of non-players.
    In Facebook, go to Account > Privacy, click on Apps and Websites, Edit Your Settings. There's an item that says, "Game and App Activity" and you can set which set or sets of friends will see game posts. It would be nice if you could set it per app/game, but I've got one friend set that's for Mafia Wars, one for Farmville, and only those people now see my game posts.

    Nice little FB feature, they should have publicized that as a win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There was a required change to Facebook applications a few months back where if you don't have the application installed, you will not see the posts."

    Don't know which drugs CM consumes, but they definitly don't do him any good... I'm constantly harassed by posts of games I never heard of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmm..Brawler not working when had missions to do....now working once finished?
    Still got OLD fight module!

    TheWhale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skills points allocation available!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoelFinkle:
    I got excited about what you posted but I just checked and it does NOT work. I changed it to my mafia wars list and it still shows up as available to people not on that list. I can check via the same privacy page->connecting on facebook. At the top of that page, you can check how your page looks to other people. Still shows up to my wife and sister. I know they do not play. Nor are they on my personal list. I was so hopeful. I would post more things but it's harassment to other people to flood their wall with this crap. The one aspect that does work is creating a list but facebook doesn't make it easy unless you do it early. Otherwise, you have to search out your MW friends and if you have more than 100, it's impossible.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.