Mar 3, 2011

The Remove Mafia Button Is Back

Share:

UPDATE:
1.  5% of accounts do not have this feature but will in the near future.

2.  After utilizing this feature, check your Top Mafia and ensure that all your slots are filled. If one of your removed non-Facebook friends was in your Top Mafia, the slot will be vacant and you will notice a increase in the energy cost to do jobs or a decrease in the job experience payouts. Go here to learn a quick way to promote your favorite mafia members to your Top Mafia.

3. Once you utilize the feature, it will disappear for 48 hours.
__________________________________________________
The Remove Non-Friends from My Mafia button is back! This is the best news I've heard in a long time. I remember talking about the hassles of removing mafia members one by one at the PAC this past weekend. It was such a chore that I had stopped even trying. The outcome was that I ended up with a mafia of 6,982. Talk about overkill!
To start removing all of your non-Facebook friend mafia, go to your My Mafia page and click on the Remove Non-Friends From My Mafia link.
You will get a verification pop-up that contains a warning. If you don't have 501 or more mafia members, it wouldn't be a good idea to do this.  Click "Continue" to proceed.
 If you have a really large mafia like I do, it won't get rid of them all at once. I was able to remove 351 members who were dubbed invalid and I have to wait 48 hours to do it again. I now have 6,631 members and will work on this until all my mafia are also my Facebook friends.  I'm so happy we talked about this at the Player Advisory Committee!


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

25 comments:

  1. love it! thanks. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty i didnt no it was back out of 6080 mafia it removed only 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!
    Ricahrd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a tip....
    Want pesos??

    Go to AC you can still collect from your cuban properties...

    -Va!bhaV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering....do your stats change?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been waiting a year or more for this button. AWESOME ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't bookmarlet it..can'tget it work..ok, I'm a blonde (to hide the grey..lol)..but I still am lost! I have 3500 Mafia and was going to start working on this huge task this week..but this sounds wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok,got it work once I'd read the directions a dozen times..said my Mafia was too large and could remove 497! Do more in 48 hours..yeousa! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This my sound stupid, but where do we get the script from and whats it called?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. You successfully removed 536 invalid members from your mafia. Goodbye leeches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMFAO ! Like usual I'll be the last one to get it...
    Any clue how long it will take until all servers have it?
    Days? Weeks? months like the new Home Page?

    Really curious to see how many hundreds will vanish, haven't ran a script in ages...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your friend list is too large to be completely processed at once. You can remove more users in 48 hours. You successfully removed 421 invalid members from your mafia.

    Is there any disadvantage to removing these people from your Mafia (assuming you have a large Mafia- over 5,000). I guess without being Facebook friends, they can't help you, nor you help them?

    Walt D in LV

    ReplyDelete
  13. removed 250 non friends!! non friends should not reap my rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Umm...I do not have the link to remove non friends on my profile. Does anyone else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes,i dont have the link for removing... same problem here

    ReplyDelete
  16. is there any EASY way to find out who was removed ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i had 4740 mafia and the first time it took 463 off my list . nice

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't think you could add someone to your Mafia that wasn't in your friend list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. itz not tehre for me
    ???????????

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got it today and first run removed 441 "invalid members" great stuff! I have no idea why anyone would want to be Mafia but not friends but it sure as hell explains all those "could not post to user's wall" messages....good riddance I say!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well..........I am part of the 5% that doesn't have it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is there a difference between folk who are 'Non Friends' and folk who are 'Not in your Mafia'? When I see the notice that one is not in my Mafia, I visit the parties homepage to check whether the 'Add as Friend' box has been activated. Usually it has been, indicating that we are indeed linked as Friends. Please differentiate for me and advise if the process to remove those who are not in ones Mafia is the same as disposing of those who are Non Friends. Also, can you possibly clarify how removing folk in either situation will impact on those of us who are participating in the Crack the Safe promotion. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have more than 1800 mafia.... i want my mafia only 501..... what must i do ????

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.