Dec 22, 2010

How My Gifts Are Clicked (2) by Eike Meier

Share:

Let me update you on my gifting statistic project.

I've been very dutifully updating my gift links every day for eight days now (the weekend before I was unable to play). I am posting them daily on a gifting group, write them in my gift note and post them to my wall.

There is one thing I learned, and that's mainly why I am giving an update on this, apart from boring you with more numbers and diagrams.

The great Get-A-Nator tool from Spockholm searches all status updates from all friends to find the gift links. Now, what I did not know, it can only find the latest update. So, if you split your gift links in two parts like I did, all the people using Get-A-Nator can only get the second posted links. 

So, what I do now is, sorting the links according to the importance (MB, Italian Parts, Zoo Parts and Event gifts first) and post the rest as comment to my status update. So the people who click manually (and there are a lot, at least in my mafia) can select from the whole range, and the Get-A-Nator user get at least the most clicked links.

So, this leads me the my update of statistics. This time I collected over 8 days, and this is the results.


Not a wonder that the Zoo Parts get the most, as they where just released. Then there is still plenty of need for Italian and even Vegas Parts. The special event contains the beginning of the Dr. Dre event and also the end of the Cake-thing. Time Capsule click are very low, maybe because you can only open five at the time.

This leads me to the clicks by day, but again, nothing really interesting.

One new thing that I got from the bit.ly-page is a click-statistic by Country, which is pretty nice and shows the diversity of my Mafia wars family.


What really wonders me is the large amount of clicks from Indonesia and also from Switzerland. Greetings to my neighbors in Switzerland, and special greetings to Indonesia, where I will travel to with my wife next week. I am really looking forward to that trip!

For anyone who is interested in his own the click statistic, I've published my bookmarklet that collects the data from bit.ly. Please get it from here.


Drag it to your bookmark-bar and run it, when you are logged in to bit.ly. It will open some textboxes and a link. Just click on the link, it will collect the data and the load the next page. Click again, wait a second, click again until you're done. 
The data in the boxes can be copied to Excel as .csv or whatever your favorite spreadsheet-tool is.


Article written by Eike, Great fan of the MW Loot Lady Blog and The Informant Podcastand humble contributor to some Spockholm bookmarklets.
All material is protected by copyright law

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.