Dec 14, 2010

41 Golden Treasure Keys

Share:

Hello everybody,
Let me first introduce myself shortly. I am Eike, great fan of Jennifer's Blog, and started to write notes about Mafia Wars few months ago. The great Mafia Wars Loot Lady liked them and published some of them, and now offered me the honour to post here as guest author.
I've decided to do my own Christmas present unwrapping today and use all of my 41 gold keys to open 41 gold treasure chests and see what I would get. No, I did not buy them, just collected them from the Daily Take (one per week) and 2x Secret Drops (2 every one or two days).
As you can see, I am one that can wait long for using the gold keys, as for example my wife, if she would play MW, she would use every single gold key as soon as she gets them. (In fact, she does not even know how much time I really spend with MW ;-))

I took the chart from the Mafia Wars Wiki Gold Treasure Chest Page and wrote down what I got.
First of all: No, I did not get the 1000 rp. :(

Item Number Received
Rock Python (58/31)6
Remorra Gray (62/34)6
Ascension (29/57)4
Armor Piercing K-28 (26/54)4
Folding Machine Gun (54/27)4
Signal Scrambler (52/26)4
ShrapShield (59/30)3
Hopi Rattle Snake (58/32)3
Scissor Sister (25/51)3
Pesaro Racer (28/61)1
Trouble Maker (55/46)1
20 Reward Points1
10 Reward Points1

And as I know Jennifer loves statistics, here is one about how many of the "high" value (def or att) I got:
As for my character, the limit that is useful is somewhere between 54 and 57, about half of the items were boosting my stats. In a before/after comparison, I got
Att +87
Def +20
Well, this is about what I get from a brawler run of 1000-2000 stamina. Except from the 30rp, this was a bit disappointing.
At least the keys were free, but as 41 keys are between 200 and 370rp, and this is about 100US$ for a normal emerald loyalty player, I'd rather spend my money on stat points.

Article written by Eike, Great fan of the MW Loot Lady Blog and The Informant Podcast, and humble contributor to some Spockholm bookmarklets.
All material is protected by copyright law

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my free keys as soon as I get them,,but,only won 50 Points one time and other things you mentioned,Very exciting to think you might win BIG!Not!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok 1st of all nice post, but don't you agree that in a 1-2-k stamina run, +90att & +20def is a little bit on the low side??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jelmer
    what you get is depended on what u have....
    i can spend 1,000,000 stamina fighting and get nothing as ive maxed out on FHEL3
    Yet my partner JUST started replaying, 500 stamina scored them 1K stats in both attack and defence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sad that zynga nerfed the patriots, wishing for a gold key glitch. WHOOTYTANG

    ReplyDelete
  6. jelmer, i can do 100k attacks and not go up a single point in either atk or def. all depends on what loot you have

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there somebody here who hasn't finished Vegas, like me? I know it's not the most appropriate topic, but...

    I'm getting a pop-up, saying: "Choosing your path is now more important! Completing job tier mastery now occurs whenever you defeat the Boss of that tier. For each tier, if you want to master more jobs or paths, you need to do so before you defeat the boss. Once you defeat a boss, all your jobs will be reset to the next level of mastery."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must have been fun using those keys - like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just 1 question. Where do I find them in the new MW settings. I am going crazy trying to decipher the location of the golden chests.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.