Nov 8, 2010

2X Fighting Loot Drop Rates Reviewed

Share:

On Nov 3rd when loot drop rates from fighting were doubled, I did a large stamina run and calculated the fight loot drop rate to be 2.26% (1).
(click any image to enlarge)
Nov 3rd
On Nov 4th, new fight loot and loot from Italy and Las Vegas started to drop while fighting.  I will calculate loot drop rates using the Top 8 best loot items.  There are actually 9 because the Woodsman and the Range Finder Rifle are tied.  I'll do more drop rate studies with the Las Vegas giftable loot in the near future.  I also took the time to calculate the maximum attack and defense scores of a player who has 501 of all the top 8 loot items and that of a player who has the top 8 giftable items.  In both cases the results do not factor Mastery, Mission, War, Fight Club, Loyalty Program, Lucky Stash, Promotional, Event, Marketplace or any other loot items with higher statistics that I forgot to mention (Zynga, please chill out on the loot!).
Max Overall Attack Score = 129,258
Max Overall Defense Score = 121,743
Max Overall Attack Score =119,739 
Max Overall Defense Score =117,234
The results below were performed as soon as the new loot changes in fighting were introduced.
Nov 4th
I didn't get any Nyla's and lost the data for the Woodsman.  I rough estimate of the drop rate at the time the Las Vegas, Italy and new fighting loot items were added is 24 Top 8 Loot Items/2229 Fights Won = 1.08%
I captured a large run of 5,457 stamina on Nov 7th.  As noticed by many players, the drop rate seemed to decrease towards the end of the 2X Fight Loot Weekend.  My runs show that the drop rate was reduced from 1.08% to 0.66%.  When dealing with such small percentages, that's pretty significant.
Nov 7th
Here are the Las Vegas giftable items that dropped during the same run.
Just for fun, I took screen shots of my overall attack and defense scores prior to the weekend.  I did many runs on Brawler and bought a lot of stamina refills.  I estimate that I went through over 20,000 stamina points fighting.  My attack score increased by 3,394 points and my defense score by 4,537.  I don't have much Las Vegas or Italy loot so these items as well as the new and old fight loot attributed to such a high increase.
Here is a smaller run performed as soon as the 2X Fighting Loot event ended.  With 0.4% and 0.37% drop rates, it seems impossible to acquire 501 of anything before new and more powerful loot is added to the game. If Zynga doesn't want us to have secondary accounts or purchase loot for those who offer loot services, they should really think about increasing the drop rates so we can all get the loot we need with our own accounts.
Nov 8th

14 comments:

  1. Does it still matter to attack Live targets to get loots or all drop loots now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you sure overall defense would now be around 121k? because I have around 120k and have only about a hundred from these new super fight loots so I imagine having 500 of them would mean a greater increase than that, and no, I have never bough any items from Zynga or crates or whatever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that total is excluding of all the mastery items, fight club items, port items etc..... adding all that it'll obviously increase :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous #2, the same amount of time you spent to question my results could have been spent calculating it yourself. Now I just wasted my time to verify that it is accurate. All you have to do is take the individual defense score of each of the 4 best defensive items and multiply that number by 501 and add the 4 together. In this case the 4 best scores are 54,64,60 and 65 which attribute to the total loot score by 27,054, 32,064, 30,060 and 32,565 add these together and the total is 121,743. You forgot to read the part about all the other loot items with higher scores that I didn't factor into the equation.
    @Anonymous #1, you don't get any loot for attacking dead targets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we can say you must have 125k loot to stay as average player :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps not related but why does the skills figures drop from one day to the next, re pic of stats, skills went from 2124 to 2055 and 2130 to 2031, i have never understood this and have never got a decent reply from Zynga.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2Nemesis: maybe because zynga developers work for food? :D all zynga games like this. yesterday I was bored and went to another zynga game called frontervile. I build some buildings, went back to MW to refill stamina on 2x event and when I am back to frontervile all my jobs was gone. I build it again and after reload frontervile all my job gone again :D and this way it was whole day. only today I managed to save my jobs done in frontervile. must be other games are alike and servers cant store properly info. maybe servers crashing and they restore some data from backups or something. I really got no idea how zynga run they busines, but everyone know they got not much idea what they doing at all. even with simple things :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking about drop rates, I've just had the worst run I've ever seen:

    713 won fights, loot gained:

    1x [WD] Weapon Part
    2x [Armory] Micro-Fission Cell
    2x [Armory] Bio-Monitor
    1x (50 45) Cinghiale

    and that's it!
    note that such a run is above the limit for 95% confidence in normal distributions :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. actually its easier just 54 + 64 + 60 + 65 = 243 X 501 = 121,743 :] or at least you want to know each category but for me is fine all together. ty for all you effort put into this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks anonymous, your probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous, good point. I think I was annoyed at the time I wrote that and was trying to show what a pain in the ass it was to recalculate it only to see that it was correct. I make mistakes all the time and prefer those who suspect I'm wrong to put a little effort in correcting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Nemesis: Your stats increase and decrease because of boosts you have gotten. If you go to your profile and view all your stats (instead of looking at "Your Skills"), you will see they are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do a great job Jennifer. And Zynga have never give 2 x loot its a bluff each time. I have done some test each time they have had it. And maybe you are lucky you get 50 % more but never 100 %
    Keep up the great work Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how is it today, but Brawler's been attacking dead targets like they were alive since sunday...
    It performs normal ice check on 4 or 5 players and then starts attacking regardless if the target alive or not.
    I noticed when it attacked someone already dimmed on the fightlist with a big '(Iced)' written.
    That really decreased the loot rate for automated fighting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.