Oct 7, 2010

Social Missions: Continued

Share:

Social Missions (1) have been out a few days, most of the initial bugs (1) have been fixed, and the feature has been rolled out to more players.  Because of all this, more is known about the feature.  There are currently 3 levels of difficulty (easy, medium, hard) and 3 known missions.  For job requirements and loot stats, visit the Mafia Wars Wiki Missions Page.
These are all the loot items offered as rewards for each mission type.
Easy
 Medium
Hard
Now that more players have the feature, my Facebook request page is full of Mission Requests.  I had over 20 of them.
Zynga stated in this discussion thread that you could help on 10 missions at a time.  I wanted to test this out and proved it to be true.  I helped on 10 missions and attempted an 11th one.
All I had to be a helper in more missions was accept the rewards from any that were complete.
Here is where things can be problematic.  If you have 10 missions in progress, you can't do anymore until one or more are completed.  If not enough players accepted your mission or all the players who did don't finish their jobs, you have to wait.  All 10 of my mission slots were full so I couldn't help any more players who sent me requests.
A few of the missions I helped on looked pretty dismal as far as them being completed.  All I can do here is wait for the timer to run out.  They really should list the mafia member you are helping somewhere on this page.  It would be almost impossible to remember who you helped.  If you can contact them, you may be able to nicely suggest they ask their mafia for help again.
We get a lot of time to complete the missions we accept so if you wait it won't prevent the mission from being successful but it will hold up a slot on the other players who helped.  Sometimes this can be helped.  I accepted a mission and realized after the fact that I was out of energy.  I wasn't close to leveling up and I didn't have an energy pack available.  I felt bad because everybody else finished their job.
Here is why I think we aren't limited to a certain number of missions a day. I think Zynga hopes the peer pressure will get to us and we will buy Reward Points.
It worked in my case.  I couldn't deal with the fact that people were waiting on me and I used 10 Reward Points to buy an energy refill when strategically it wasn't the best time to do so.
If you have someone on your mission that is taking too long, you have the option to remove them.  Click on the little X located at the right upper hand corner of their job.
Click on the "Remove" button from the verification pop-up.
They will then be removed from your mission.
You can then ask for help again and hope to get a more efficient helper.
You can not remove a player who has mastered their job.  When you click on the green check mark you are given the option to send them a gift. Clicking on the "Gift" button directs you to your free gift page.
Another problem I experienced was that many of the missions I attempted to help with were already full once I got there.  This is somewhat annoying because you end up jumping through windows and experiencing a lot page loads without any benefit.
I also learned that the missions don't drop very often.  Many players have told me they burned through thousand of energy before even getting one. I found it interesting that the one I got today dropped during a stamina job in Las Vegas.
Despite the few annoyances, these missions are really cool because of the rewards.  When you help somebody on a successful mission, you get 3 excellent loot items. When your own mission is successful, you get 4. Here are some of the items I got for helping my mafia.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feedback
    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have spent 7 RP's to buy an energy refill in the Fight Club instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all info you post you are the best
    I wish Zynga could tell us who we help because many of them dont repost the mission or delet players who dont do any jobs. I am stuck in 10 mission because some only enter and dont do any and some missions there are spot open

    ReplyDelete
  4. I helped complete a 'medium' mission where an Ace in the Sleeve was one of the items. I got that particular item....and the achievement (Earned by obtaining the limited edition Ace Up The Sleeve by reaching level 6 in Zynga Poker). I never played Zynga poker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to drop a player who looked as if he wasn't moving along after accepting,.. and I got two windows - one at a time,.. first one "Remove Michael as your Enforcer? All progress for this job will be lost!" --- thinking it would only be his progress (or lack of) that would be lost I proceeded and got this message next: "Don't do that! The job is already mastered!." -- Not sure what to make of that?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.