Oct 15, 2010

New Crate and Crate Feature

Share:

When I logged into my Mafia Wars account, I got a new pop-up asking me "DID YOU KNOW?".  No Zynga, I didn't know that I can now view what the crates contain by clicking on the question mark.  I also didn't know there were two different ways to spell the word crates.  In my pop-up it's spelled "creates" in the first sentence and "crates" in the second.
I figured I would check it out but have no plans to ever buy a crate.  With the new feature comes a new crate.  The 7 Deadly Sins Crates are gone and the Natural Disasters Crates have replaced them.
If you miss the pop-up or the in game messages, you can locate the crates by going to the Marketplace and clicking on the Crates Tab.
I clicked on the little question mark and the loot items available in the crates popped up.  Now we don't have to wait for all the players who do buy crates to update.  As you probably already know, when you purchase a great you get a chance for a common, uncommon, or rare loot item.  To find out the stats of the items listed on the question mark pop-up, hover you mouse over the item, and click on it.  You will get a larger view that includes the stats.
Here are the stats for all the items.
(image by Mike Nestor)
 The Stuffed Crates also have this feature.
I would not be happy if I bought a Stuffed Crate and got a Politico Corrupto!
Mike Nestor of The Informant Podcast purchased some crates and this is what he got.  Way to go Mike!  All of his crates had pretty decent loot in them.

3 comments:

  1. haha fail zynga cant even spell crates properly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we still get the finding a rare item in mysterious crate achievement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous #1, good eye. I've updated the article.
    @anonymous #2, yes, this is just a change so we can see what we might get. In the past you went in blind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.