Oct 29, 2010

Mystery Shipment

Share:

Check your Free Gift page and you will notice a new gift called a Mystery Shipment.  I don't care for anything that's a mystery in Mafia Wars but I had to check it out and it's something most of us can use.
When you send it to your mafia members, it states that they are "guaranteed to give your friends a construction part they need for one of their buildings".  If they gift you back, you should get double the parts.
I decided to test this out and I sent one to myself from my energy account.
When I opened it from my Facebook request page, I got a Wine Barrel.
And from my Mafia Wars Message Center my Mystery Shipment contained an item called a DJ. I'm not familiar with this so I did some investigating.
(click image to enlarge)
There was nothing about a DJ on the Mafia Wars Wiki. It has to be related to a property so all I could think of is a potential new property when Regions 6-8 are released.  Here is the item in my inventory.

Bossy Don of TopMafia told me to check the Community News section of my Mafia Wars game.  Sure enough, there is a property on the image that hasn't been released yet.  Whatever this property is will most likely need a DJ to build and upgrade.
(image from my Mafia Wars Community News Section)
Back to the Mystery Shipment.  I sent one back to my energy account and got 2X the loot back. I haven't upgraded the Armory of my energy account so the two vices I received were something I needed.  So far the Mystery Shipment delivers as promised. I wonder what the players who have fully upgraded all of their properties will receive?  I know, more DJ's!
The bad news is there is a cap on how many Mystery Shipments you can accept. The one below was my forth. We all know Zynga has trouble counting sometimes so I'm not exactly sure what the daily limit is.  If you accept Mystery Shipments after you have reached the threshold, they will turn into Mystery Bags.
Thanks to Mike Nestor and Bossy Don for helping out with this one.

3 comments:

  1. I wish Jennifer and Don Bossy were on the Board of Directors of Zynga. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it some have mystery shipments on their gift list others don't ? How would this all work to help finish to the 15 levels if you cant send to family to receive back building parts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.