Oct 10, 2010

Daily Checklist Changes

Share:

There have been a few changes to the Daily Checklist that make it a more useful feature.  The Daily Take and Properties have been added as categories to the Daily Checklist.
I couldn't remember what all the other categories were so I went on a search to figure out what was there before the change.  I found it on the Mafia Wars Maniac Blog.  Ade, the creator of this blog, does a great job of posting lots of images and I was happy to find what I was looking for. Thanks Ade!
(image from Mafia Wars Maniac)
It looked like the messages category was removed but it appeared the next time I logged into the game.
The Featured Job category was seems to have been replaced and the Challenge Mission category has since been added.  Zynga probably won't be bringing Featured Job category back when one is available.  The last featured job (The Global Cup) wasn't included in the Daily Checklist.
The Daily Take is a nice addition because it reminds you to collect it.  If you leave your computer running for more than 24 hours and don't log into your Mafia Wars game, you won't get credit for playing and your Daily Take will get reset back to day one.  Now all we need to do is click on Daily Take and we get the pop-up and our reward.
Once you do this, the Daily Take category will disappear from the Daily Checklist and will return in 24 hours if you didn't get the pop-up from logging in.
The Properties category is also cool because it will remind us when it's time to collect and build on our Chop Shop, Weapons Depot, and Armory Depot.
Once you collect and build on all three, you will be told to upgrade them. When you click on "Get parts now", you are directed back to the property page that you already collected from.  Whether or not your properties are fully upgraded, bringing you back to collect on them again isn't very useful.
The Grow your Mafia categories is extremely useless.  Since you have to respond to Mafia Wars invites  items in order to clear them from the message center, why even list them on the Daily Checklist?  I prefer to go to the My Mafia page and accept them all at once.  I don't need a reminder to do that since I get a message center pop-ups all the time.
Th same is true with Energy Packs.
While I'm on the subject of the Daily Checklist, lets review why we stopped using it in the first place.  Below is the progression of The Daily Checklist Nerf.  Now that some useful categories have been added, maybe it will see more action.


Cool!  I love Skill Points and will make sure I do this everyday.
What can I do with 1 Reward Point?  I guess they add up so I'll try to do it everyday.
WTF?  Mystery Bags usually suck.  I won't bother doing this anymore.  

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely HATE the new properties icon in the new daily checklist . It always has the 1 showing and it says get parts to upgrade your armory, which btw is FULLY upgraded. ALL my buildings are and i constantly keep the properties emptied of . This is worse then the messages icon which at least would ONLY appear if i had a daily chance to do as opposed to now being forced to always go to my properties for no apparent reason just to clear the stupid icon away..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just claimed prize for playing 6 daily chance tickets and instead of reward points I received 10 Loyalty Points... yeah!... (sarcasm)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.