Oct 11, 2010

Daily Chance Changes: The Loyalty Point Nerf

Share:

In the last post, I outlined the changes in the Daily Checklist. Now I'll go over a few changes with the Daily Chance.  This is one feature I don't care for.  When I first started playing, I loved it and felt it was the only way I could vault the Daily Chance collection.  I didn't know what I was doing and I would even use Reward Points to buy as many Daily Chance tickets as possible!  I've been playing for over a year now and have never won a lotto piece.  Once I got into trading, I learned lotto pieces were pretty easy to get and I no longer need to rely on the Zynga luck factor.  I still played because I liked getting a skill point on the fourth ticket submission.  I now find the Daily Chance a complete waste of time because it's been totally nerfed.  For every ticket you submit, you can collect a reward or play another ticket to get a "better" reward. The first 3 rewards are 100% useless.
1.  Random collection item:  Collection items are ridiculously easy to get.  Put one on your wishlist and see how many you end up with.
2.  A free ticket:  I will review what you can win with these tickets and you will see that having one more isn't going to do much for your game.
3.  5 stamina points:  This sounds appealing until you realize that the stamina points are added to the stamina you have accumulated and not to your total stamina.  Honestly, what can 5 stamina points do for your overall game?
Tickets 4 and 6 used to be the only reason to play the Daily Chance.  This is where the nerfs started happening.  Remember that skill point I talked about ealier?  It was replaced with 1 Reward Point.  That wasn't too bad but it then made more sense to wait for ticket number 6 to try to get more than 1 Reward Points. Shortly after that, ticket number 4 was nerfed again and the 1 Reward Point was changed to 2 free tickets. They might as well have changed it to a free baseball bat!
For the sake of completion, ticket number 5 offers 20 energy points.  It's just like the stamina and only adds them to your accumulated energy. Another totally useless reward.
After the big ticket number 4 nerf, ticket number 6 which was "up to 5 Reward Points" was the only reward worth accepting. It seemed that 99% of the time this was only 1 Reward Point.
Recently Zynga made it possible for us to acquire Loyalty Points while playing the game.  You can earn up to 50 Loyalty Points a day by sending parts, accepting Mystery Bags, and by helping your mafia with jobs (1). There is now a way to get a few more.  This sounds good in theory until you realize that it's just another nerf in disguise.  Ticket number 6 now offers "up to 20 Loyalty Points" as a reward.  There is no longer an option to get any Reward Points from playing the Daily Chance.  Just like with the old ticket number 6, it seems you only get 5 Loyalty Points 99% of the time.
Assuming you could actually get 20 Loyalty Points for every 6th Daily Chance ticket submitted, it would take 125 days to earn enough of them to buy one 500 Loyalty Point loot. (500/20 = 25, 25*6=125).
If your just dying to play the Daily Chance and your messages aren't showing up on your Daily Checklist (1), there are two other ways to get to the Daily Chance page.
I usually do it through the Daily Checklist but a few days ago my message category was missing.  I couldn't figure out how to get to the Daily Chance page and had to ask (which was a little embarrassing).  Pistol Pete and Chester told me the two other ways to get there.
Go to the Marketplace and there is a Daily Chance option there.
Or go to the New York collections page and scroll down to the Daily Chance Collection and click on "Daily Chance Tickets".
Once you get there, start filling out ticket and submit them.  Since I stopped playing the Daily Chance, I let my tickets accumulate and send them all in one shot. They changed it so you can only send 5 at a time which requires more clicks and is really annoying.
I submitted all the tickets above and patiently waited for the results.
When I went to The Daily Chance page to see what I won, I was told that they were calculating the winners and to come back in 7 hours.  I wonder why it takes so long?  I would think technology would make this process easy to do in a very short amount of time.
Of the 14 tickets, 6 were winners.  I received 3 Sets of Blackmail Photos and 1 Untraceable Cell Phone. This would have been cool if I was still working on NY!  I also got 2 more Daily Chance tickets which will help when I decide to start the procedure all over again.
It is possible to win lotto pieces.  My friend David Reedy actually won a Slot Machine and captured the image so he could post it on his wall and brag about it.
If you want to increase your chances of winning by selecting a variety of different numbers, use the Chance Helper Bookmarklet by Arun.  Find it on the Outpost Mafia Tools website.
When used properly, the numbers you have used once for the current week are highlighted in green and more than once in red.
If you want more history of all the changes we have seen with the Daily Chance since it's inception, here are 4 posts from TopMafia.Info (1,2,3,4). Thanks to Bossy Don for digging these up for me.

11 comments:

  1. You say it's easy to get the lotto pieces, but everywhere I go, they say don't request them. I've played for years and only have one piece. How else am I supposed to acquire them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omar, some people have luck trading loot for lotto pieces. It really depends on what trading site you join, but Lotto seemed to be easier to attain with old Moscow/Bangkok loot some time ago... then the pieces became very expensive. With the majority of Vegas items not tradeable and loot not consistently dropping from any certain tier, I think Lotto has lost some of it's value. Most people are maxed on Bangkok loot so trading for pieces may be tough unless you trade Chop Shop and Weapon Depot loot. I've won 2-3 Lotto pieces over 2 years of playing. I ended up just buying a Lotto set for $20 as I recall. It really made a difference for my fighter account that did not have tons of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omar, you need to understand trading ratios and what is hot on the trade market at any particular moment.
    Presently, the hottest items for the Lotto trade are Hunters, Mugatis and Railguns.
    Check the Unified Trade Ratios page for a better understanding of their value.
    http://www.mwutr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omar - the lotto set is now pretty much worthless amongst hard core traders. You can get a set for 20 Hunters/Mugati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey LootLady, thanks for this wonderful site...I noticed in the pic of your Daily Chance Collection that you have more than 1 items of each...What do you need for the whole set of Lotto items in return if we trade? I've been playing MW for over a year and I don't even get 1 item...Please let me know...Thanks and Cheers!
    Happy Hunting!
    @Anynomous: Where can I trade?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only need a craps table to complete my collection. What can be traded for it, and where would I do it?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Beth, there are lots of trading sites in facebook, just type on the fb search bar: "mafia wars trading"
    On the other hand, lotto pieces are now so cheap because of a glitch in the gifting page by which u could duplicate the items you send from one account to another; that made a lot a greedy traders make a fortune(in loot) at that time. There are still a lot of players with 100+ sets of lotto, and current ratio is like 5-6 mugatis/hunters/railguns a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pick every number. Cash in the reward for a free ticket, and keep going until every number has been chosen. Leftover tickets? Randomly choose and submit. You will win, the the prizes are almost useless.
    And as for waiting 7 hours? C'mon MW! It takes lotto-girl on tv 20 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it actually takes longer than 7 hours.. it depends on what time zone you are in. It takes from 3am EST until the 8pm EST daily reset.. I can only assume this is because there is a worldwide audience and you have to wait for the rest of the world to hit that countdown for the results to be launched...

    ReplyDelete
  10. otherwise ppl would be spreading the results around and there would be chaos! chaos I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have noticed that the Chance Helper no longer works, I have done everything to get it to work and I get nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.