Sep 1, 2010

More In-Game Advertisements

Share:

We have another in-game advertisement on our home page.  I discussed this topic in my article titled Commercialization Inside Mafia Wars and I'm not a fan of seeing advertisements within the game.  This one comes with a bribe of 100 Reward Points.  If you're motivated and live in the US or Canada (sorry to all the other Countries), this may not be a bad offer.  The Reward Points will be free if you cancel the free trial before it expires.  You must wait at least 2 days after signing up.  The downside is that you have to give out your personal information and deal with returning the DVD's that will be sent to you.  The offer is not valid for those who have an existing Netflix account.
(click on any image to enlarge)
Getting Reward Points for subscribing to Netflix has always been available at the bottom of the Marketplace page.  What's different about this offer is you get them for the free trial and no purchase is required.
When you click the "Get 100 Reward Points" button, you are directed to the Netflix Website.
Click on the "Place order now" button and sign up for a Netflix account.
Choose your free trial plan.
Enter your shipping address.
Enter your payment information.
I stopped at this point.  I'm lazy and I know I would forget to cancel the free trial.  I would also forget to return the DVD's and they would end up getting lost in the shuffle with the other mail I never open.  I'm too busy playing Mafia Wars so I can't imagine where I would find the time to watch a movie.  100 Reward Points would not be worth all the hassles.  I just received an offer for 30% off a Reward Point purchase.  I could get 85 of them for $14.00 and nothing more would be required.  

3 comments:

  1. Signing up for Netflix was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Pick your movies and they mail them to you, It can't get any easier. The only bad thing about this promo is we already subscribe to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its an advert, they probably have many ways to make ur like easier, many ways better than their competitors, but u can just imagine... TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAPTRAPTRAP!.. its a trap! ahaha :D you don't get nothing for free, if it's to good to be true (by true I mean... righteous), then it probably is :D...

    do I spy a sexy new layout too.. cool upgrade :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Not a Hassle to return the dvds all you do is put them in your Mailbox & you get free streaming on your computer or Blu Ray Player. Netflix is awesome

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.