Sep 2, 2010

Hitlist Changes

Share:

There is good news and bad news about hitlist fighting.  The Good news is we now get Victory Coins and Fight Mastery for fighting off of the hitlist.  The bad news is we only get loot, Victory Coins, and Fight Mastery progress if the target we attack is close to our own level.  Here is what the game tells us when we arrive at the hitlist.  I highlighted the part that somewhat explains what is new.
 "Looking for revenge? You've come to the right place. Put rivals on a hitlist and show 'em no one steals from you without suffering the consequences. Visit the offender's profile page and click 'Add to Hitlist.' Once you've set a bounty, anyone can attack your rival to earn extra cash and XP as well as victory tokens and fight mastery for taking out tough clients. Don't worry if you can't find your adversary on the list. There's many active hitlists to give everyone a chance to turn your rival into pulp."

When Fight Mastery and Victory Coins were introduced to the game, I tested out hitlist fighting and found that you didn't receive any Victory Coins or Fight Mastery progress (1).
August 1
I did a run today using 716 stamina points.  I got 44 Victory Coins and my Fight Mastery increased by 2%.  
Here is an example of an attack in which a Victory Coin is awarded.
The reason I didn't get many Victory Coins or Fight Mastery progress (or loot) for my Stamina is we are only rewarded if the person we attack is around or greater than out own level.  When you win a fight against someone who is much lower than your own level, you get a message that says "To receive loot and Victory Coins fight someone closer to your level, or stronger!".  This isn't good because player levels aren't included on the hitlist and if I fight somebody stronger, I would lose.  Why would I fight somebody stronger than me?  Zynga, REALLY!?  Thanks for the advice but I'll pass on that one.
The problem here is you don't have time to check a players level.  By the time you get back to the hitlist, they will most likely be gone.  I found that most of the players I could beat were not close to my level and the ones remaining on the hitlist were too strong and I would lose.  I won't do any fighting off the hitlist.  Your stamina is better spent doing PvP fighting because you will get more loot, Victory Coins, and Fight Mastery progression. 
Special thanks to Sireen,{800HM}[MGM]Crystal♥{R.I.P.}, for bringing this change to my attention and helping me figure it out. 

2 comments:

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.