Sep 18, 2010

End of Summer Blowout: Charity Now Gets 100%

Share:

In my article End of Summer Blowout, I was a little vocal in the fact that I didn't understand why Zynga would only donate 50% of the event proceeds to charity. 
Today the amount donated to charity was changed to 100%.  I wonder if they read my blog and felt bad.  This change makes them look much better and it makes me want to buy the Limited Edition loot items.
Zynga does do a lot for charity.  You can learn more by going to zynga.org.  The motto of zynga.org is Transforming The World Through Games.
 Zynga continues to assist the Foundation for the Technological and Economic Advancement of Mirebalais (FATEM) by donating the proceeds of the End of Summer Blowout event.  FATEM is a non-profit organization that works with people in the Mirebalais area and around the world to increase economic and educational opportunities, sustain natural resources while fostering the advancement of technology.  To learn more, visit the FATEM Website.  Click HERE to learn about Zynga's Haiti Initiatives.
Now that I know all about this charity and that Zynga is giving them all the money, it's time to buy some loot.  You can buy each piece individually or buy them all in a bundle and save 15%.  They can be found in The Marketplace.  To get the screen to buy the bundle, click on the little question mark located in the upper right hand corner of any of the Limited Edition loot items.
 After buying the bundle, I felt good knowing I donated something to charity and was happy to learn that I got credit for 5 purchases.
In addition to the 5 Limited Edition loot items, I also got a Spockholm Pro (umm...I mean a Stockholm Pro) and a Ballistic Helmet. 
Keep checking the Marketplace for sales on the things we use all the time like stamina and energy refills.  I only need to buy 5 more things to get the Broadside.

2 comments:

  1. You can get the Stockholm Pro, the Ballistic Helmet, and the Broadside more than once. I had 250+ RPs saved up, cause I only buy skill points and they aren't on sale all that often. When the event started, they went on sale, so I bought 20 of them, and got 2 S.P.'s, 2 B.H.'s, and 2 Broadsides.
    Just thought you should know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good they changed to 100% to charity but you are missing one key word in there. The old way was "50% of ALL proceeds" and the new way is "100% of NET proceeds". Since the Zyngsters do not tell you what their expenses are the new way could potentially even be less than before.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.