Sep 30, 2010

Cafe World: Kitchen Knife

Share:

The good news is there is a new loot item available called the Kitchen Knife (27/57).  The bad news is we have to play Cafe World to get it.  To get started, click on the new Kitchen Knife icon located on top of your game header.
You will be prompted to start the promotion.  We only have to gain one level but if you've played before during the Meat Tenderizer promotion, it could take a little bit of time.  If you haven't played yet, you will need to get to Level 10.  For instructions and strategy tips, read my articles Cafe World and Cafe World: How To Get To Level 10 Fast.
If you've blocked the application, you can easily unblock it when you click "Start the Promotion!".
Give the application permission to access your account and go back to your Mafia Wars game.
You will be directed to the Cafe World Fan Page.  It's important that you don't enter the game from here or you won't get the Kitchen Knife if you happen to level up during your session.  Go back to Mafia Wars and click on the Kitchen Knife icon again.
Now you will be directed to Cafe World.  Make sure you click the "Get Started" button from the Kitchen Knife pop-up.
Before you ever get to your Cafe, you will endure about 20 pop-ups.  I'm not exaggerating and it's almost  unbelievable that there are so many.  When they finally stop, you will be at your Cafe.
I hadn't played Cafe World since the Meat Tenderizer days so my Cafe was looking a little rough.
From here, you have 2 options.  One is to take the advice in the article referenced above or you can automate the game by using the Cafe World Bot.  VCDBurn of TopMafia.Info and I tried it out and found it works great.  For instructions, read my article Cafe World Bot.  It's really easy to use.  Just go to the Cafe World Bot Website and download it.
You need to log in from the window that pop-ups once you click on the Cafe World Bot icon from your desktop.
Go to the settings and select the Bacon Cheeseburger.  For our purposes, this is the best option because Bacon Cheeseburgers have the fastest turn around time.  The Cafe Bot will keep making and serving them for you.
VCDBurn recommended that I purchase more stoves so the Bot could prepare and serve even more Bacon Cheeseburgers. To do so, click on the functions icon, click on a stove and drag it next to your other stoves.  Buy as many as your level will allow.
I reached level 11 in a few hours and was disappointed when I checked my inventory and there was no Kitchen Knife to be found.
I had screen shots to prove that I completed one level so I contacted Customer Support using the Live Chat option.  The Agent was very nice and added The Kitchen Knife to my inventory.
I figured out after the fact that I had entered the game through the Cafe World Fan Page and not the Mafia Wars promo.  This was because I had the application blocked when I went to it through the Kitchen Knife icon.  If I would have done it right, I would have gotten the following pop-up in Cafe World.
And after clicking on "Take Me To Mafia Wars", this pop-up in Mafia Wars.
Many thanks to Steven for sending me the screen shots that I didn't get, to Drew for telling me about the Cafe Bot, to VCDBurn for helping me figure out the Cafe Bot and Micah the Zynga Customer Service Agent for adding the Kitchen Knife to my inventory.

3 comments:

  1. I never got yhe damn meat tenderizer... Why the heel would i expect to get the kitchen knife?????
    SUCH a gay game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see www.facebugged.com for a tip to get this within 30 in-game minutes. FROM LEVEL 0 to 10. I just stuck it up and all steps tested and worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cafe world bot at cafwworldbot.net is no longer updated please visit the new site at http://cwbot.cafeclan.org

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.