Aug 6, 2010

Zynga Billing Changes and Facebook Credits

Share:

[♥ஜ♥ THX ♥ஜ♥]® is a really good informative group about Mafia Wars related material found on Facebook.  To join click HERE  and click the "like" button.  There was an interesting post made today about Facebook billing.  This never concerned us in the past because we used to purchase Reward Points directly from Zynga.  I don't know exactly what's involved with the agreement that Zynga made with Facebook but there are some changes to the ways we can buy Reward Points.
Here is the above mentioned article that talks about one of the changes.  If you want to view it from the fan page so you can read the comments, click on the link below.
CLD------
Saw this on a friends chat - little heads up to everyone - did not verify yet More Facebook billing crap is coming to light under their new contract with Zynga.

The last method of payment you used to purchase RPs from Zynga has been AUTOMATICALLY saved in Facebook!

This method will be used to pay for any RP purchases you make, and you do not get to verify anything before it is used. It will not even direct you to PayPal to verify the payment -- it is automatically authorized.

To delete these payment methods:

1) Go to Facebook Account, Account Settings
2) Click the "Payments" tab
3) Click the "manage" out beside "Payment methods"

If you used a credit card, there will be credit card information listed. If you used PayPal, at the bottom it indicates the email address used for your PayPal account.

YOU MUST DELETE THIS!!!! If someone hacks your Facebook account, they can now make Facebook-related purchases automatically without any additional approval or passwords needed! I assume you will need to delete this information after every Zynga purchase just an fyi

I decided to try this out and see for myself.

To delete the information that is now stored in Facebook, just click on the remove button.  I was unable to delete my Paypal information because I have a Facebook Ads account.  If I had used a credit card to make Reward Point purchases, that information would be in my Facebook account as well.  This does concern me because it's so easy to hack into a Facebook account.  I sure don't want somebody buying things with my Paypal Account.  I will have to transfer my Facebook Ads account to somebody else to remove this information. 

I forgot that I had purchased 200 Facebook credits for an article I wrote titled Facebook Credits , I decided now was as good of a time as any to convert them.  It cost $20.00 for 200 Facebook Credits so I chose the $20.00 Reward Point option and clicked on the Facbook Icon.
I received 85 Reward Points and it was 180 Facebook Credits.  I did get them at a 10% discount but it looks like the conversion rate close to 1:1.


I also purchased another set of Reward Points to see if the new billing change would change anything when not using Facebook Credits.  Now when you purchase Reward Points from Zynga, Facebook is a part of it.  On this purchase, $18.00 was taken from my Paypal account.  I wasn't asked for a password or anything.  This is very concerning and I recommend that everybody remove this information from your Facebook accounts.  Facebook thanked me by giving me 9 free Facebook Credits which is worth 90 cents.  I'll try not to spend all that in one place.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had my acct hacked.. 600 dollars later, i replaced credit card. but NO HELP FROM ZYNGA!!..i dont buy anything from them now

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to i can buy from zynga again? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.