Aug 9, 2010

Free Treasure Chest Key

Share:

Mafia Wars Maniac posted an article about a new banner seen in some players accounts called Bookmarking Mafia Wars.  I have yet to see this banner in my account but now I don't need to worry about it.  To get a free Treasure Chest Key, click on the link below and follow the directions.  I'm not sure who to give credit to for this because this link has been flying all over my newsfeeds and is in most of the sites that I visit. 


http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/index.php?next_params=YTozOntpOjA7czo1OiJpbmRleCI7aToxO3M6NDoidmlldyI7aToyO3M6NzQ6IiZicm93c2VyX2Jvb2ttYXJrPTEmenlfY3JlYXRpdmU9aW5jZW50aXZpemVkJnp5X2FmZmlsaWF0ZT1icm93c2VyX2Jvb2ttYXJrIjt9


After clicking on the above, you will be directed to your Mafia Wars game and will get the following pop-up.  I like this pop-up because it includes easy directions.
Since I keep my most commonly used bookmarks in my bookmark toolbar, I changed "Bookmarks Menu" to "Bookmarks Toolbar".  If you don't see your bookmark toolbar, type Control + B and it will appear.  Now whenever I want to play Mafia Wars, all I need to do is click on this bookmark.
After adding the bookmark, I was notified that I received a Gold Treasure Chest Key.
I checked in my inventory and there it was.
I couldn't wait to open one of my Gold Treasure Chests and got a loot item called A Synthetic Steel (18/52).
Since loot items are so hard to keep track of now, I wasn't sure if this was something really good or not.  The 52 Defense score seemed decent so I went to The Mafia Wars Wiki and looked it up.
Cool, now I know it's a Defensive Armor item worth 35 Reward Points in the Marketplace.  Now I wanted to see if my new Synthetic Steel was working for me.  I ran the Blofeld's Loot List 2 bookmarklet program and was very happy with my results (if you're not familiar with this tool, read my article titled Blofeld's Loot List and Combat Calculator).  Not bad for something that was free and easy to do.
Loot List

Combat Calculator

3 comments:

  1. Did this promotion already end? I clicked it and got a Swiss Banker instead...Not a bad prize, but not the Gold Key I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite possible the link I used was wrong. I didn't verify that this was the case but redid the link just in case. Try it again and hopefully you will get the Treasure Chest Key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link was not wrong, I got the key, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.