Aug 13, 2010

Boycott Page: Gone?

Share:

 UPDATE:  Brent Cox of The Official Scammer List has provided me with this update at 11:30 pm Friday, Zynga Time.

"The majority of the trade sites have just rebanded and decided to pull through with the boycott"/Brent Cox

About an hour ago, I took the following image to write an update on the No Play, Click or Trade Event. There were 19,527 people signed up.  I noticed the Event was no longer a yield sign so I took this to mean the boycott is 100% back on.  I'm awaiting confirmation of this from David Reedy, the Event creator who is currently in discussions.  After the Zynga Forum Board Post earlier today, I can imagine this did not make anybody happy. (click image to enlarge)
Not to long ago, I went back to the page and this is what I got.  Not cool!  They killed the messenger but not the message.  I will definitely NOT be playing this weekend.  I will keep you updated as soon as I know more.

15 comments:

  1. apparently freedom of speech is dead, thought we would have heard it on the news .....that just sucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...this means that Facebook is policing this legitimate action?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a place were we can gather for info as FB is no longer possible. A place that EVERYONE will know about.... Twitter? My Space? Etc. etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say 100% if Facebook pulled this page as I don't know yet what happened. I have changed to title ut will change it back when I get confirmation. I don't think The Event creators would do this as they have been changing the image and the name as things wee progressing. I also know they would want to keep the page to update those who planned to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I understand Facebook and Zynga have a CONTRACT, that is how Facebook started selling Reward Points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zynga says: "our forums are the best way to get our attention"

    Pardon me if I don't believe them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty much what they are saying is "let us have more time to work on the needs of ourselves to enhance the game, make it harder to play without the use of reward points so you will buy reward points, pay us more money, just to get a "better" experience playing mafia wars"......??? that is how i gathered it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lets start using hashtag #mwzyngaboycott and tweet the hell out of it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info. Will keep checking here to know more about the status of the boycott.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTF ?
    http://www.examiner.com/mafia-wars-in-national/mafia-wars-boycott-failed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many are still boycotting

    ReplyDelete
  12. David Reedy closed it down, nothing to do with facebook whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is not true! Boycott is still live!
    Check David Reedy info:
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/david-reedy/boycott-info/426349618797

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of misinformation out there folks.. but for me~!! Boycott is ON~!!! and if they don't hear us then next boycott should be for a WEEK...give ppl time to get reacquainted with their families and friends :))

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.