Jul 9, 2010

The Loot Nobody Cares About

Share:

Since I'm The Loot Lady, I should write about new loot when it is introduced to the game.  Unless a loot item can increase my attack and defense scores and I don't have to buy it in the Marketplace, I really don't care about it.  In case you do, here are a few new items and changes.

You can buy new equipment items for your NY inventory.  When these first came out, many thought it was a glitch and they were actually items we would need for Las Vegas.  I think they are for Level 4 of NY that is only available to new players. (click on image to enlarge)

Here are some loot items that can be obtained through the Free Gifts.  I don't know the stats but I do know they suck.  If you really want to know, go to Mafia Wars Wiki Free Gifts Page, locate the gift in question and click on the name.  You will be directed to a page that has everything you would ever want to know about the item you chose.  With the Rack of Chips, Counterfeit Tickets, Mystery Bags, Mystery Animals, Chop Shop Building Parts, and Weapons Depot Building Parts also available, why would anybody select one of these gifts to send?  They do because I get a bunch of them!  I ignore every one of these and get annoyed that I even have to click the ignore button.  They are a complete waste of pixel space and you can't even get rid of them once they are a part of your inventory. 
My friend, Christopher Chester, who is also the sound guy for The Evil Ed Podcast had a very unfortunate thing happen to him regarding these Free Gifts.  He woke up one day and had a butt load of Parade Balloons.  According to the Mafia Wars Wiki Parade Balloon Page, this item was introduced on November 19, 2009 as part of the Free Gifting for Thanksgiving. Check out the screen shot Chris sent to me.  I feel bad for him but this is pretty funny.  He wishes these were Mugati Sports Cars instead.
Another waste of pixel space are the crates.  They are available in the Marketplace and the themes are changed every now and then.  Currently the only two crates you can purchase are The Anniversary Crate and The Stuffed Crate.
The Mafia Wars Wiki Crates Page will tell you every crate that was ever available.  I remember the days when I thought crates were the thing to have.  I was a new player and had no clue I was wasting my Reward Points.  This is why Zynga loves the new players and makes it difficult for those who know the game.  The only reason I see to ever buy a crate is so you can get the Treasure Hunter Achievement.  You get this for finding a rare item in a crate.  I was lucky and got one on November 12, 2009.
Here are the items available in the new Anniversary Crates.  I thank The Mafia Wars Wiki Site for always having the information I need to write these articles.  I couldn't do this without you!


1 comment:

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.