Jul 25, 2010

Las Vegas Boss Fights

Share:

The New York Bosses on established accounts have been around the block a few times.  They could use a fashion make over and spend more time in the gym.  They were always pretty easy to beat.  The Las Vegas Bosses are here to show us what a challenge is all about.  They are modern looking and very tough, especially the ladies.  Many think too tough but this is what Beta testing is all about. (click on any image to enlarge)
New York Bosses
Las Vegas Bosses
The Las Vegas Boss Fights are causing a lot of problems.  Many players are finding they are unable to beat the bosses in the higher mastery levels.  There was a bug, which has been fixed, where players weren't able to use the Boss Fight Consumables.  The Bosses are very hard to beat because their health is ridiculously high. There are a couple of discussion threads on the Zynga Forum Boards addressing these issues.  Boss Fight troubles... is surprisingly good and doesn't go off topic.  Another thread titled Boss recovering full HP! discusses a bug in which the Bosses were immediately regenerating their already pumped up heath.  Al Cartaz, Super Moderator says that this bug has been fixed.  Another bug which has not been fixed is preventing some players, including me, from asking for help to defeat the Bosses.  The discussion thread for this is titled Still unable to "ask for help" in many flash area of the game.  Since I have the same problem, I posted a reply.     
To beat the Las Vegas Bosses, you will need to use the Boss Fight Consumables.  They drop while doing New York (except The Grenade) and Las Vegas Jobs ( except The Getaway Car).  You have a maximum of 10 each in your inventory.  The image below explains what each consumable does to help you in a Boss Fight.  (click on image to enlarge)
To use the Boss Fight Consumables, click on the image to turn it yellow, click the "Use it" button, and then the "Attack" button.
The Getaway Driver is not used in Las Vegas at this time.  The penalty for clicking the run away button when fighting the Las Vegas Bosses is that they will regenerate all of their health that was lost during the fight.
Since nothing happens when I click on the "Ask for Help" button, I had to use screen shots supplied by  Monika Wolmarans from the Zynga Forum Boards.  I don't know how many people can help you or how much damage each helper can cause because I can't use this feature on my account.  Please comment on this post if you know the answer to these questions.
 
I've tried many times to beat the Las Vegas District 3 Boss and have failed.  I'm on the Ruby Level of District 3 and this is the only thing preventing me from mastering it.  Until I can post for help, I don't think I will be able to.  The following screenshots chronicle my experience to date with this pesky and irritating Boss.  Some things that are important to know is that you can't regenerate your own health by refilling it within the game, you can only use Health Kits and that only gives you a partial health refill.  Never attempt to do a Boss Fight unless you are at full health.  Zynga doesn't miss an opportunity to tempt you to buy Reward Points and you will get a pop-up if you are below the minimum health percentage required for a Boss Fight.
The First Attack 
(no consumables used)
Second Attempt
(consumables used)
Third Attempt
All Consumables Used
I used all my consumables so I had to get more.  I had two choices.  I could continue working on the energy jobs in Las Vegas or go to New York.  I had full energy but didn't think it would be enough to get ten each.  I decided to try a run doing a low energy NY job.  I used Repeat Job by Spockholm Mafia Tools on the Mugging Job in The Associate Tier and ended up using all 2,311 of my energy points.  I got 10 Health Kits, 9 Shivs, and 7 Stun Guns. 
Fourth Attempt
This wasn't the best strategy because her health regenerated pretty quickly
I tried a few more times but didn't feel it was necessary to include even more loser pop-ups in this article.  I'm over it!  I'm going to wait until my "Ask For Help" option is fixed and hope that Zynga will change a few things to make this task more attainable.  Special thanks to Patrick Dacosta for helping me locate images for the Las Vegas Bosses and giving me the heads up that The District 3 Boss was really hard to beat. 

9 comments:

  1. Why am I having to go back and redo jobs that I've already finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe Jobs in Vegas, Those are the ones that I seem to have to redo
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the article below this one. Las Vegas is in the Beta testing phase and there are a lot of bugs. I almost think it's best to just wait until it's been out longer. I would write a support ticket or go on a live chat session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When that lady had 15000 health, I had quiet an experience beating her. Now that she is at 25000 I'm not gonna even try to beat her. Lol...what about Chapter 4 and 5 bosses ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that posting a lot of things in MW doesn't work at all when playing unframed. I couldn't even buy Reward Points. Can't post secret stashes etc.

    I think that Las Vegas uses a lot more flash which is crappy. Flash blows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a flash issue. I can post some things but not all of them. Ankit, try looking at one of the other sites like the wiki page. I couldn't find much and can only write these articles once I understand and or experience everything first hand. I will eventually get to District 4 and 5. From what I've read, the impossible Boss Fights are District 3 and 5 on the Ruby level. I imagine Zynga will do something about this as a lot of people won't like being stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't even go past the 15,000 health stage of the District 3 boss. It's impossible. I tried the same methodologies you did and each time resulted in failure. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we were safe from being hit by others when fighting the boss. Thrice I have been snuffed when I had the boss down to 200/300 HPs in ruby level.

    -id

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished the Ruby level of The Lower Strip (i.e. Juliana Trieste). Since she has 25000 hps it wasn't easy but I took advantage of the Ask For Help option. In total it took five other accounts (pretty much full with stun guns) to knock her down to ~2000. Then I took her out very easily.

    I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It'll be impossible to complete unless people either 1) use other accounts (as I did) or 2) spend lots and lots of points on health (not a smart idea).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.