Jun 11, 2010

Facebook Scams

Share:

Honestly???, This is all over my news feeds.  I know it wasn't my friends who posted it but they obviously clicked on it.  Once they did, the phisher people posted for them.  The picture looks official enough but do you really think Zynga is going to give you 10,000 Reward Points after the manhunt they just imposed to take back the 700 you got because they had a gltich in their system?  Think before you click.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I accidentally clicked on a more official and reasonable looking one.  It was from one of my smart mafia friends and only offered a reward.  It even had the little Mafia Wars symbol on it.  I wasn't really paying attention and it looked like the small links we have seen in the past for 1-5 free reward points.  I realized it was a scam because I was asked to allow the application after I was offered a reward of no monetary value on a page that was identical to the page used for buying reward points.  I immediately changed my password, cleared my cache and restarted my computer.  Remember when you change something like a password, you need to go into your notifications and uncheck the e-mail boxes.  Sorry Facebook but I don't need an e-mail from you notifying me that I have been poked.  What a pain.  I'm not sure if this was too much or not enough but now I worry my friends will get messages from me asking them to click on the link.  That's not going to make me look good since I write about this stuff and should have been more careful. If you see a tiny url link with the combination t92tr after it, do NOT click on it no matter who it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.