Feb 15, 2012

50% Discounts Continue

Share:

Yesterday we were all offered a 50% discount on reward points or a 50% redemption bonus on Game Cards. The offers were to expire at 11:59 pm PST.

do1

In a “surprise” move by Zynga, we will have one more day to take advantage of the nerfed but good discounts. Normally Marketplace Promotions are tied to 60% discounts but Zynga must be on a budget.

do2

I explained yesterday that redeeming Game Cards was a better deal because you get more reward points (1). Today many questions were asked about this on the fan page.

do3

Obviously it’s best to buy Game Cards from the store because you get them right away. If you go here, you can buy them online directly from Zynga but you run the risk of not getting your code on time. You can also buy them online from WalMart by going here. Their track record of timely returns is better than Zynga’s. Below is a list of how many reward points you will get at a 50% discount by purchasing them from the Marketplace.

do4

A $50 Game Card will get you 614 reward points which is better than the 440 you would get from the Marketplace. It was pointed out by Jon Brown on the fan page that a $25 Game Card will get you 310 reward points so the same $50 could net you 620. If I trusted the delivery system to be timely, I would have purchased 2 of those instead. UPDATE:  See below, the $15 Game Card is an even better deal (not by much).

lov14

I tried to demonstrate the different options but I’m told it will take 12-24 hours for my codes to be delivered. I can kiss this potential discount good-bye. Zynga should give us more notice when they plan a redemption discount or get a more timely delivery system. I should have went with WalMart. What is the point of claiming my “gift” if it’s not even there? Zynga can’t seem to do anything right!

do5

UPDATE: About 6 hours later, my codes were delivered to my email. Below is a breakdown of how many reward points you will get for each type of card. It turns out that the $15.00 Game Card yields the most reward points for the price and is a better deal than the $25.00 one.  
 
$10.00
gc1
$15.00
gc2
$25.00
gc3$50.00gc4
 

5 comments:

  1. I got one of the cards last time and it was not delivered "timely" but called billing support and they made up the difference.. so this time b4 i purchased the card..i called them and asked.. how long does it take to get an ecard delivered.. was told no more than 2 hours.. should b within 15 minutes.. so went ahead and did it.. and got my code in 3min via email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought about it, decided not to do it. I look around and notice how slow they game has become because of cramming too much of the bloat on too few overloaded servers, how much begging they're constantly doing trying to squeeze the last penny out of players for yet another, and the real clincher is how often I'm seeing the same people over and over again on the fight list indicating that there just aren't very many players left.

    No sense throwing more cash at a dying game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought one last night and regretted it when I saw the '12-24 hours to deliver' message. This morning I got an e-mail saying the they were unable to process my 'gift' and refunded my purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i live in germany, have bu 1x25 euro and 1x 10 euro gc,i wait now 34 hours.chat,e-mail screenshots from paypal ,no answer. fk you zynga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man i wish i new about this before bugger

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.