Oct 17, 2011

Farewell to the Secret Stash

Share:

Since Zynga never bothers to tell us when features have been removed from the game, we often rely on the community to point such things out. Today Ashutosh, a member of the {ASS} Family, noticed that the totally useless Secret Stash feature was removed from the Operations Tab.
Before
After

I checked the in game settings and saw it was also removed.
Before
After
I can't say this feature will be missed. It rarely worked and the loot was not worth the efforts or hassle (1). The Secret Stash is another example of Zynga adding a feature to the game and then totally ignoring it. Maybe they will get rid of the Pawn Shop, Crime Spree, Loyalty Program and Treasure Chests as well. 

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

13 comments:

  1. Oh well, this could be a step towards removing Loyalty Points. I still need 83 Tundra Commandos to max. Where will I get them now? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I don't understend what is wrong with Crime Spree and Treasure Chests?
    1) Crime Spree has a sweet daily bonus of 5x50 energy or 5x40 stamina. It is always nice to have a bonus just in case (to level up, hide under 20 healt, etc)!
    2) Treasure Chests are one of rare ways to get free RP! A month ago (not from glitch) I got 120 RP from 10 chests (2x50RP and 2x10 RP)!
    RP are worth way more than your loot as they never become obsolte! I know that you're the one who prefers buying RP but most players don't spent $$$ for this game!
    Now go promoting another awesome new collectors loot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe now I missing out on all thoese free loyatly points 100's a day and you did nt even have to be in mafia or friends list/// I am Sad now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't agree with you on Crime Spree & Treasure Chests! 5x Daily CS bonus comes handy to level up and GTC can get you free RP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully not the crime spree. Sure the loot is worthless but it's nice having the extra little bit of E or S to level up when you've exhausted every other option and don't want to wait for green hits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Crime Spree, the extra 50 pts is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crime spree is not useless free xp, and treasure chests give free rp every now and again, these need updating maybe for better loot, but free xp and rp is good isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rely on the crime sprees to get me over daily. I always save them for the last of the day to ensure I can lvl up nightly.

    The treasure chests sometimes have some great rp's. I have got 60 at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God! that thing was Damned ANNOYING!!! As usual, Zynga starts something that could be cool, and they totally neglect it...(crime spree anyone), at least they pulled their head out long enough to realize that on this one and mercifully cut us loose from that Damned ANNOYING pop-up!! Have I mentioned that thing was anoying!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor annoying Chris.
    Ever heard of settings and how to remove pop-ups?
    tq

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crime Sprees seem to have gone down the drain as well. I just tried to collect one and got a notice that "this feature has been removed" and then saw that the tab was gone from my profile page as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zynga agent confirmed Crime Sprees are gone... He also assured me something better was in the works to replace them soon... They helped me level up many times without wasting a full refill or the toolbar's mini boost or Brazil's offerings. I will miss my sprees. :'(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.