Sep 15, 2011

Marketplace Module Shifting Problem

Share:

The Featured Items Module in the Marketplace is like our Home Page Current Events Module in the fact that it automatically rotates between pages only the pace seems to be a little bit faster.
This is a problem because it can (and does) all of a sudden switch pages when you are buying an item. I went to purchase the new Group Sale item which is currently on page #1.
To my displeasure, it switched to page #2 at the same time I was clicking.
I ended up buying 250,00 of Brazil Real for 10 Reward Points. I wasn't too happy about this and wasn't in the mood to go to Customer Support about it as they would probably ask me for a video.
To rub this in my face, minutes later I saw that Brazil Real was on sale and it should have been when I made my erroneous purchase.
I have fully mastered Brazil and El Dorado and I have over 300 million Real just sitting in the bank. Does it look like I need anymore Brazil Real? Zynga should adjust the pace that the module changes or let us do it manually if we are interested in seeing all of the feature items. It's not nice to trick customers into buying items they don't want or need.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

5 comments:

  1. They will not return your FREE RP send to them .. i am sure about it. In case, i got the same problem , i miss click the mission and lost 40 RP . I chat with them . And nothing return to me. It just a waste of time

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I got a useless Slicer Pistol for 15 RP a while back, very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happened to me as well a few days ago but this time in the homepage module. I pressed the help button on mafia activity tab and the same time it changed to the futured items page and I ve purchased a stupid ping car for 25rp :/ Thankfully it is active in my inventory and not some crappy money or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a pause button on that bar, last time I checked. if you didn't click it before you wanted to purchase, then it's lesson learned IMHO.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had this problem several times in the past and have opened a trouble ticket each time. I am happy to say that each time the unwanted item was removed and my RP's were refunded (though on a couple of occasions I had to be persistent). In each trouble ticket I offered them the same solution which would be easy to implement: put a confirmation box before the sale is finalized.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.