Sep 8, 2011

Family Progression Bug

Share:

Once again my account has a bug that others don't seem to have. I wonder if they are targeting me in hopes that I will write blog posts about how many things don't work. There is a conspiracy theory going around that Zynga is purposely trying to get as many players to quit the game as possible and I'm starting to think there may be some truth to it.  Almost a million players in the past 30 days have stopped playing Mafia Wars. Zynga is doing a great job in making this happen month after month. Soon there won't be any left.

I crafted my buildable items, opened 100 gifts and did my ices and jobs for the day. When I went to collected my individual and experience bonuses, I was greeted with this beauty. My timer reset just fine but my objectives were already checked. The end result...zero experience for me and my Family.
I figured this would be an easy one to fix and attempted to get Live Chat. I'm a Platinum Customer and that's what it's there for right? Nope this doesn't mean a thing. I clicked on the link from my Loyalty Program tab and got the wonderful e-mail support option.
I sent in a email documenting my problem but I have little hope that anything will be done. I do know that other players have experienced this issue so it's not unique to just me. Maybe if they would stop adding so many features they could better manage the problems that go along with them. I know this is bad and I've already posted it but it's exactly how I feel. There is only so much players can take before they join the millions before them who have quit the game.



Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

7 comments:

  1. personally i believe ... that it is all intentional ... mw is not bringing in as much money as it once did ... so they are trying to make people quit so they dont get law suits on themselves when they stop supporting the game ...
    i mean seriously as stupid as zynga devs are ... surely they arent retarded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Jen,

    The rumour may be not be so far from the truth. Being a business woman myself I see the classic signs of a company in trouble .... offering discounts on a daily basis so as to bulk up the bank balance before pulling the plug. It's a classic move ! I would not be surprised to see MW being pulled by Zynga.

    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how to keep players from leaving,yet Zynga keep on wearing their blinkers and let it happen .... SHAME on them !

    Kelly *Killer Queen*

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the one hand I'm in awe of Zynga for developing a game of this complexity as people are playing it. That's no small feat. On the other hand, it's incredible how little testing they appear to do on new features. It's inevitable that the odd bug will slip through, but it's as if they just say "close enough" and launch it without completing testing. My guess is that development is deadline driven and when the deadline hits they launch the feature regardless of whether testing was completed or not. I'm guessing they feel that new stuff makes them money, so rolling out new stuff is their priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to contact Facebook about the Family Progression as well, and on the live chat then the game was reset and the timer went on. After posting this to the family, then the ones that were effected were given rps or loot for the issue. I quite agree with you that Zynga is just running to much at the same time and have not figured out how to keep it running.

    I do believe you that think that Zynga is trying to keep the informed players from getting the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this happened to pretty much everyone in our small family (20 members) for several days in a row just after Jeffy appeared....the Zyngoids decided to do the most useless thing they could...as they couldn't identify who actually had the problem, they gave everyone some extra exp. points, whether it was a good time for you to be using them or not and increased the family %age counters....nice boost for a big family especially when only a few were having the problem.....I have to say that I have pretty much hit the end of the line here...and I don't appreciate the 25 RP hit to get the timer rolling again....it's too bad they can't recognise that small families just can't do things the same way as larger ones.....I could go on about all of the other things that have torqued me out but I have hit the point where I can't be bothered to waste the time complaining as no one listens ever.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is most likely the bug that starts your day in the negatives. IE you start at -150 Ices and work your way to zero. I have gotten it 3 times since the big fix they did. Never more than 1 day at a time. I got the canned response the last time I reported it. But the next day it seemed to work fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unlike you, they haven't given me my credit for the Last time the family progression messed up. I wrote several times and same bad service I even gave them a screen shot of the apology and that others were credited, but to no avail. "I will let the developer know" is what they said each time.

    It seems like, they really don't care if you play or not.

    BTW, if these support guys were really daily players, they wouldn't put up with the bad supportt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.