Aug 19, 2011

Smuggler's Haven: Nerfed Again!

Share:

OMG! According to the Official Mafia Wars Blog, they are nerfing the experience/energy ratios of the Smuggler's Haven jobs once again. They call it "balance tuning" but we all know what it really is. Here is a reprint of their lame attempt to try to make us understand. The same message can also be found at Customer Support and Rinzler breaks the bad news on the Zynga forums.  There is no indication that any accounts will be rolled back so don't be irresponsible and put out bad information or start false rumors until there is an official word from Zynga. For now it looks like all that is going to happen is the ratios will be adjusted.
One of the things that makes Mafia Wars so much fun is that it is a living, evolving game. We work hard to release a lot of exciting content and extensively test every feature and event prior to release, but sometimes imbalances don’t become apparent until those features are in use by millions of players. Unfortunately, the XP/energy ratios of the Smuggler’s Haven Secret District is one of those cases and we have determined that they need to be adjusted again this afternoon to preserve the balance that keeps Mafia Wars fun for everyone. The ratios will be closer to those found throughout the rest of Brazil. We want to apologize for the inconvenience, so as a consolation, we will be increasing the stats of the loot received in Smuggler’s Haven. We hope you enjoy the better loot!
Translation:  We FU@CKED UP.....TWICE!!!

Newsflash....the stats of the loot don't really matter if the loot doesn't drop! Why increase something I can't get and try to use it as a consolation prize for poor planning? There are only 4 loot items that drop in the Smuggler's Haven. I will update you with the new loot stats and job ratios when they are released.

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

11 comments:

  1. LOL...Zynga does what Zynga does ......to be honest I think this is a test for the ratio's for the new city ...but they should have just told us that to begin with....since the secret district will disappear in 11 days and I bet the new city will open close behind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot On with this piece Jen, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on the money with this commentary, TY Jen for the forwarning. No more than ever it is important to use your energy resources in conjuction with your Brazil Job Boosts from you Brazil crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can Zynga get any more ignorant? Who cares if energy players can level continuously, they are energy players. But it was really nice to have good exp ratios for all the fighters out there. I actually enjoyed Smugglers Haven, but now they must ruin it for everyone.... sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeay..another nerf. successful Zynga-ed is successful. ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's face it: the biggest screw up in all of this is that they set the energy so high in the first place. What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen,

    This is pure, unadulterated bull shit. I am so sick and tired of Zynga nerfing this game. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I've been playing for almost 2 years, I've put money into the game, I've enjoyed playing, but not anymore. I feel like Zynga just doesn't give a crap about the players. I wonder if they ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so their idea of balance is to make the loot that dropped for the ones who leveled 500+ times better. yet harder for us to get???????

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Zynga is so concerned about balance, what about all the players who haven't gotten the new stamina packs? I still don't have the power packs yet. Doesn't that put me at a big disadvantage to players who have them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree they should have left the stamina packs in the gifting....until everybody has the new packs. That means that the "select" few who have the new ones are the only ones who can get extra stamina!! Sounds like another one of Zynga's "fair" moves. Zynga only does what benefits Zynga....don't ever think that they are trying to please the players!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm an energy player and so i think this nerf is pretty weak. I have 400 stamina and 575hp I don't have 501 mafia, just a mere 330. I get my ass kicked left, right and center. I lose money because the bank doesn't load quick enough to transfer my cash and someone smokes me. This hidden area while finally having decent ratios has shitty cashflow.
    The game is very much skewed against energy and towards stamina. With stamina and fighting you're guarenteed 1:1. Robbing is a joke. I have over 4800 successful robberies (about 12000 total) but have yet to get the stupid Regent diamond. I have had 4 of one of the others, and I have doubles of everything else, but the Regent just doesn't exist. The same case happens with other drop items. Right now there is that double drop on fight wins... I've iced 4 people tonite, hurt several others but missed out on the icing, and recieved 0 drops. However, when I do win I get WAY more XP than I do from doing jobs or doing that stupid Vegas Tourney which I haven't won in 3 months on.
    Robbing is another thing that is completely nerfed. My 330 guys have an attack of about 85k. Sometimes they're awesome, like they show up with the right gear. However, 90% of the time it's like they brought a stick and a fluorescent jump suit into a gun fight.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.