Aug 28, 2011

Power Pack Experiment Update

Share:

A few days ago, Zynga announced that the Power Packs were entering Phase 2 of the "Power Pack Experiment" (1). Some players got Power Packs which provided a 100% stamina refill every 16 hours and some players got one that provided a 50% stamina refill every 8 hours. Oh yeah and a rather large group got screwed and ended up with no Power Packs at all. Originally I was given the 16 hour Power Pack.
Today I noticed my Power Packs were changed and now I have the 8 hour version.
It's typical of Zynga to give the players something they like and then swiftly change it or take it away. It makes players feel like they got screwed and isn't a cool thing to do. If they don't want us to have something, they should never implement it in the first place. Sadly many players have never gotten any type of Power Pack and can only watch from the sidelines.  Getting a Power Pack as a Free Gift only to watch it transform into a Mystery Boost Pack doesn't ease the pain of getting the shaft. Cartman of South Park describes how many players feel right now.

WARNING:  STOP READING RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE "F" WORD.




Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

10 comments:

  1. I've been shafted and went from 8hr to NONE in PHASE 2!!!!
    Give me my power packs back now mister!

    THEWHALE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like above, was given and then taken away, the answer gron Zynga was,

    I'm sorry to hear that you were having a hard time with the Power Packs.
    Let me inform you that this new feature is under maintenance and I will be available soon.
    Rest assure that soon you will be able to use them all.
    In the meantime I have added 10 RP for the inconvenience.
    that was 5 days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like being told that my stamina has been "refilled" when, in fact, it has only been 50% refilled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't have any. When I claimed mine, it was redeemed as a blue mystery bag. For sure I never got one until today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worse than not having any stamina packs due to not being part of Phase 1 or 2 is seeing people complain about their power packs being nerfed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Zynga existed in the real world they would be out of business by now. Can you imagine paying for a new Honda then on the day you went to collect it you were handed over a Skoda,no explanation given. Don't think so. The clowns at planet Zyngon have once again alienated more players and no doubt more will have left.

    I had the 16 hours pack yesterday so planned my game around that. Now today I got the 8 hour one and like Chris it said I got a "refill" .... no I didn't Zynclowns ! I got a partial refill.

    Grrrrr, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Got F***** From The Begining

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen the power packs at all, get fed up apologising when sending a mystery bag back to someone who has them and gifted me one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I complained daily to Zygna about the level playing field cause i didnt have the stamina Boost pack and after 4 days and each day i got something from them like 20RP and a top weapon they finally gave me the 8 hour boost pack .. As i told them they will take weapons back in 1 foul swoop from everyone but cant give us all the same playing field on boost .. so tell me if its fair some have it and some dont .. i mean that pack gives me an extra level a day over others .. I say COMPLAIN DAILY till they give in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Id take a Skoda over a Honda any day :) atm i guess i just have to walk with no stamina packs nor power packs...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.