Aug 23, 2011

Power Pack (and Stamina Pack) Nerf!

Share:

One thing we can be certain of in Mafia Wars is that if we like something....it will be nerfed or removed. The Power Packs are no exception and are now on "Phase 2" of the "Power Pack Experiment". Why can't they just admit we are on "Phase 1" of the Power Pack nerf? Now there will be two test groups. One group will have 8 hour Power Packs that will refill stamina to 50%, the other 16 hour group will get a 100% stamina refill.

  #1   Report Post  
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
Cerulean Master's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ummm, The Forum
Posts: 6,860
Default Power Packs: Phase 2


We are now entering Phase 2 of the Power Pack experiment! Power Packs can be considered an upgraded Stamina Pack, so we're excited to figure out the proper balance for this powerful feature.

The entire player population has been assigned new roles in the experiment, which means you may no longer have Power Packs if you did in Phase 1. In Phase 2, if you do have Power Packs, you could have one of two variations:

A) Power Packs that provide a 50% stamina refill every 8 hours.
B) Power Packs that provide a 100% stamina refill every 16 hours.

In both test groups a Power Pack will continue to provide a 200% health refill every 10 minutes if one chooses to use them to restore their health. Also, any remaining unused Stamina Packs will now reward a mystery bag when redeemed.

Entering Phase 2 means we are getting closer to determining the proper balance and releasing some form of Power Packs to everyone. We appreciate your patience. The feature can be discussed in this forum thread.

Last edited by Cerulean Master; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.

Zynga forgot to mention the "third test group". The players who got shafted and no longer have any Power Packs or never got them in the fist place. Here is what Mike Nestors Power Pack now looks like.
I have the 16 hour 100% Power Pack.  I would rather have the one every 8 hours but I guess I'm lucky to have something.
It looks like the Stamina Packs offered as Free Gifts no longer work. I've never even used one and got this. That sucks!

Comments are moderated and won't appear right away. For faster feedback to your questions, comment on the Fan Page referenced below.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

14 comments:

  1. Looks like I'm in the third group - no power packs or stamina packs. Least I now know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 3rd group shafted this time round...NOTHING!
    NOT HAPPY

    Oh and in my family I came 3rd with BOSS fight and Only got a RARE ITEM...not happy Happy!

    THEWHALE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thought was shafted too, but you are only partially shafted. Lootlady mentioned before about a link to create stamina packs:

    http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/track.php?next_controller=freegifts&next_params=%7B%22gift_id%22%3A492%7D

    This should let you send stamina packs, but you have to hope the person sends back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im very happy LOL, i will have more time outdoors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the 3rd group. I complained to CS about not being able to get stam at all when others could during a 2x loot weekend (I'm maxed but they don't need to know that) and got an email back asking me to make sure my cache was empty, my java was updated, etc. I have let them know that I'm pretty sure that emptying my cache will not cure their dumbassedness...still waiting for a reply to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice...this means i would have less time playing mafia wars...1hr-2 times...keep it up, Zynga...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, your lucky to have something, you've had a power pack for about now, me and my friend? we can only dream

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im in the third group as well HOWEVER I found out yesterday if you hit old stamina pack links they still work . Havent tried it this morning but they were working last night

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still don't understand why we can have 10 Stamina Packs in Stock, yet we can only use it once every 16 hours, so what is the point of having 10???

    ReplyDelete
  10. fook off zynga, I am done with the game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I logged into 2 of my other accounts that had them and they are now gone. Wish they would make up their minds on to what they were doing

    ReplyDelete
  12. No power pack and no stamina pack, no family progression either, so not much there to help level up. Just played for 1 hour yesterday. Blew a bit of stamina on the family boss fight so available stamina ran out quickly which made it even more difficult to level up and cannot participate much in icing event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well i guess you can say i am in the forth group,i do not have either of the old stamina packs,when i click on the new power-stamina packs i get a mystery bag.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.