Jun 7, 2011

New Family Module

Share:

Players have been asking for a long time to get clans/families integrated into the game and it's finally happened. The new Family Module is here. When you get this feature, you will have a Family Tab on your My Mafia Page.
It's currently in the beta phase but here is the gist of how it works. You can invite players to an existing Family or create your own. The image below is the Player Advisory Committee Family created by Bossy Don of TopMafia.Info.
Click the "Settings" button to change the settings of your Family.
To recruit members into your new family, click the invite button and a invite request will be generated. Bossy Don sent me an invitation.
When I accepted it, I was greeted with a nice error code that said "inviter did not invite this user, but hey it's in beta. Hopefully they will fix the grammar on that. I noticed in the settings image shown above that the recruiting option was turned to no so that may explain this error. I was then given the option to start my own Family or request to join one already in the database.
When you click on "Start Your Own Family", you get the screen below. These are the setting for the PAC family. You will notice a Reward Point button so it's not going to be free. The Reward Point cost is still not set in stone.
Here is a closer look at what you can do as a Godfather or Godmother of your very own Family.
Since I couldn't join the PAC Family yet, I decided to request to join one of the Families listed in the database. I chose ≈XP≈ Experience Family because my friend Tre York is the Godfather.
Before requesting to join, you can open the box up to learn more about the Family.
I could open it up even further to see what Tre's stats were.
Here is what my request looked like from Tre's ZMC. He was able to look at some of my stats right from the request.  If Tre wanted to accept my request to join his Family, he would send click the 'Send Invite" button.
There is still work to be done on the module. The size limit and Reward Point costs are still not determined. Once you create a Family, any member who joins automatically gets your tag. It will also appear in red. Here are Bossy Don's and Tre York's profiles.
From a few of the screen shots above, we see some clues as to what is to come. There will be badges that I'm sure will have to do with how many ices you get or things that involve fighting.
There will also be some type of live chat feature.


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

27 comments:

  1. Bjorn Conjaerts aka Rigor MortisJune 7, 2011 at 1:38 AM

    Looks awesome. thx again Jenn for the mighty fine update

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look really cool. But why do we have to pay for it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can they(Zynga) foooking make anything which doesn't cost RP?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Don Pissed, they will... as soon as Microsoft gives out Windows 8 for free. Stop whining... this is not a non-profit game. Ask Greenpeace to start their own ToxicWasteWars and then to invite you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @:(|) Paper Cuts McCoyJune 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM

    Have they taken into consideration the tags of existing clans/families? How do they plan to protect those from being used by random players? Many of our families have vetting processes before awarding a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. also with clan chat, wont Zynga/facebook police be able to monitor us easier?

    Detagging will be easier...lots more clan hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would Zynga get to choose who wears a clans tag? and what other controls will be taken away from them? I am not liking this one bit..

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love to fight and keel no mather what their tag red,white..lost or win w'll be enjoy the game..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new system assumes that the Godfather is the one that approves all entries into a clan which is not so for our clan. The Recruiting Officer is a different role. The new system should allow for this so that a Godfather can register as the GF but allow recruiting requests to be processed by someone else in the clan

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an unneccesary addition to the game...we already have families that we can join for free. Zynga already makes money off of it by charging 15 RP's to change a name, which is ridiculously high in my opinion. Any way to make a buck I guess.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. If Z is going to do this they should do it right. I already see a mess waiting to happen as in most of what they do

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree - we need to be able to assign duties to other officers in our clans..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative and well written. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with some of the statements made above yes there should be GF and OR GM clans but there should be rolls for the other officers such as we have now and they should be able to have some of the abilities but finally say SHOULD BE THE GODFATHER OR GODMOTHER OF THE CLAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All this is well and good but what about us players that have multiple tags. Why should I have to choose one family to belong to. I currently wear 4 tags and am proud of each and every one. Until this Family Module allows for multiple tags and allows the wearer to choose the order in which the are shown this is a bunch of x$#*~#$@

    ReplyDelete
  16. an unnecessary addition to the game.
    just to make money

    ReplyDelete
  17. if it means you can now send stuff to your clan without trawling threw everyone else whilst gifting its excellent anyone know how many rp it will be?

    ReplyDelete
  18. there are going to be a lot of imposters, fakers must die!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see this as a major smack in the face to clans by Zynga. All this is NOT NECESSARY. I am the GM of a clan that has both a GF and GM so by doing this, Zynga is making one more important than the other which is wrong as both are equally as important and I also wear two tags (as that's all I have room for) and I will NOT drop any of my tags, simple as. I think Zynga has a cheek to ask for anything in the way of payment.

    Also, our clan is also already registered as an official clan in MW, why should we have to re-register again just so Zynga can reap more money and for what? Faulty scripts??? Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First and foremost, I have already accepted my families invite, and the one problem I see with this already is not seeing tags when I'm fighting. I've already had to deal with jackass clans that get upset because I attack until I ice which can be a lot of stamina. If I run across you twice on the fight list your problem not mine...anyway my name hasnt changed so people know my tag. it's nice to be able to see my families stats and all but not really necessary. I guess Zynga will now be able rank clans better than Scruffy's. Let's see how long this lasts and boy wouldnt it suck if random jagamoes started creating clans with known tags from their alts, then trying to sell the names back, almost sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  21. something new for traders to screw players with

    ReplyDelete
  22. So what happens if the person who started this move to another clan? Does he take everyone else with him? What is the maximum number of members, I heard 150 but what about the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like zynga is headed to live SS with accurate info for each clan and can be a bad thing in the wrong hands :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. I currently have my own group for MW with approx. 150 members...we currently to not make our members Tag..however i do have a registered "Tag" name which i currently do not require my group to use.. I see this move by Zynga as a broad statement towards eliminating Facebook as it's dictator(which is good) especially with the Chat feature..i do however feel that you should be able to have 501 in these Families at minimum as this is the entire structure of the Game...Currently to Create this Family it is 50 Rp's and no cost to members to add the "Tag" as invitees to these Families/Clans..this however will also create an environment for Z to monitor our accounts for activity they deem inappropriate such as "Brawler" therefore at this time i would be hesitant on creating or joining these internal families until all kinks are worked out and the picture becomes clearer..Just my opinion Sam of Sammy's Mafia Wars Family......

    ReplyDelete
  25. what about multi tags? i don't see anything about it and i was not able to accept the invite from my 2e family?

    ReplyDelete
  26. how can you move from one family to another one??

    ReplyDelete
  27. After the initial start up of this I have not been able to send invites to enlarge my family. Zynga keeps saying the problem is on my end....looks like i will just grow slowly

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.