Jun 13, 2011

Good Bug/Bad Bug

Share:

Earlier I told you that a boost controller was added to the fightlist so those without the new Fight Module could turn their boosts on and off too (1).
If you have the old Fight Module, there is a bug already. You will notice that when your boosts are turned off, you still get the benefit of the boost but they aren't taken away. Here is my bad ass energy account that has a whooping attack score of 48.
I collected 3 Absinthe boosts which add 25% to my attack score bringing it to 60 when used (48 x .25 = 12, 12 + 48 = 60).
I turned my boosts off and attacked a few people. You can see my attack skills show up as 60 in each fight but my boost count stays at 3. It would be hard to prove if this is a display error or not.
I checked my inventory and all my boosts are still there.
This bug applies to all fighting boosts. It's not a good bug if you have the new Fight Module because it won't work for you and you may end up getting your ass kicked by people who now have a unlimited boost benefit (providing it's not just a display error). Here are Hollow Points which add +100 to your attack and Black Market Ammo which add +32. I also noticed that it said I had 1,579 Hollow Points when in fact, I only had 3. It was counting my Black Market Ammo Boosts.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

7 comments:

  1. I still have the old fight and have my boosts off and do not get the boosts in fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually just noticed this went to ask on your fb page if anyonesle ha noticed and right away saw this. not sure if its just display error but if it isnt perty nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. My attack skill is 12k but it shows as 15k in my fights LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. it must have been short lived, my boosts are used, am on old fight screen, had 6, used 6, have nada, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with boosts turned off, mine were still being consuming in robbing. Yes, I know they are different, but both are on the fight menu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. people who have the new fight module have an unfair advantage when it comes to icing because you can see the other persons health, so this bug should not be fixed to make it even, so zynga if your listening roll out the updates quicker instead of fixing old bugs. and thanks for the tip, i just got me some Glass Knuckles and Caltrops and turned the boosts off

    ReplyDelete
  7. did anyone get the new combos for the boss fight with the raven? only a few hours left on my timer - thx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.