May 11, 2011

"New" War Review

Share:

I had some time to check out the new style of warring which is just like the old style before they changed it on October 1st of last year (1). The main difference being we declare war on enemies rather than our own mafia members.
There are now elements of both war styles and more changes are in store.
Lets review 2 of the new additions. I've reviewed the new loot and achievements here. In addition to the Tier 1 loot that was introduced with the new war style in October, Tier 2 and 3 loot items are now available. Each set of loot items has a corresponding Warlord achievement. Once you get the achievement, your war rewards will be in the next tier. If you help someone in a war who hasn't gotten the Warlord 1 achievement, your helper rewards will be Tier 1 items.
Tier 1 Loot
Warlord 1 Achievement
Tier 2 Loot
Warlord 2 Achievement
Tier 3 Loot
Warlord 3 Achievement
New damage is something we saw prior to October. If you are really strong, you can kill an opponent and wound another one. In order to demonstrate this, I declared a war on my energy account and helped with my main. A complete X represents a kill and a single slash represents an injury.
Vla got a Double Kill but the war page shows he took out 3 players.
Antônio César showed an image in his war results where one player took out 3 people. I'm not sure if damage past a double kill is a bug or if it's intended as a possibility in the game.
Another new addition you will notice is that the level of each Top Mafia member is now visible. Previously you were only told the level of the war declarer and their opponent.
New
Old
There are quite a few "Coming Soon" items on board. We see that they intend to have a lot more war achievements. There are 12 "Coming Soon" boxes after the 3 Warlord achievements.
The Help Chat feature is worrisome. It would be really cool if they made a chat feature within Mafia. As long as they keep Facebook out of the picture, I'll be happy with it.
I showed you an image of what this feature is suppose to look like and if you enlarge and look closely, you can see we will need to invite mafia who are available to play. The open box on the forth request down could be a chat box. The verdict is still out on this one. I would prefer that they eliminate the ability for automated scripts to help in Wars as most of us can't do it manually. This may be what they are trying to prevent.
Heal your friends who are wounded sounds like it could bring a whole new element to wars and make them more competitive. If we could get experience for winning wars, there would be incentive to win them. 5 loot items a day just doesn't cut it.
Most of us find that wars are already over when we try to help. Automated scripts are to blame for that. Stay tuned for a post on things you can do to beat the bots and get your 5 War loot items a day. There is bad news is for those who were able to collect unlimited war rewards. It looks like that bug was fixed.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

4 comments:

  1. the unlimited collection of war rewards was fixed on my account. I racked up a ton of loot the first few days and now I am not getting anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting famous... I got to be on the loot lady page. I am the one killed by Antonio Cesar, but that's because someone had injured me first. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasnt around then lol and they tagged it as implemented and leave to them to them to reinstall a generic old way and say they implemented my idea NO WONDER they zyngad it cause THEY DID LOL

    ill resubmit a new idea and explain it more simply and tell them bringing up old ideas and tag my idea as implemented , I thought they just took my idea and zyngad it but sounds like they put in old plan and tagged me as implemented BASTARDS !!

    Ill be submitting a new idea again with more features and post a link it will be an offer they CANT refuse IF I can get the help spreading the word around to go like click good point and make comments ;) Ill do it later today and share the link when I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There is bad news is for those who were able to collect unlimited war rewards. It looks like that bug was fixed."

    It looked that way the first two days, but today I'm back to unlimited rewards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.