May 14, 2011

The Mafia Wars Name Bug

Share:

Some players have noticed that all of a sudden their Mafia Wars names were changed. This also happened to me and my name was turned into a long link.
Before
After
I figured it would change back but after a few days, I was getting annoyed. No matter where my name appeared, it was this ugly looking link.
I finally got around to contacting Customer Support and they offered to change it for me. The agent told me that this is a known issue and if players are having the same problem they can should contact Customer Support and they will change it.
(click image to enlarge)

I thought I would get the 15 Reward Points so I could change it myself but Customer Support offered to do it for me. I didn't go into the chat session prepared so my name no longer contains the fancy letters and symbols but at least it's not a link. I recommend that you have your name ready to go before contacting Customer Support. If you haven't bookmarked the links for Customer Support, go here to get them.


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

3 comments:

  1. nice name Lootlady LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was in the same position a couple of weeks ago...contacted zynga CS and got a new name without spending 15 RP's

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, i thought you changed your name on purpose, like that other guy "{JAVASCRIPT} void [0]", the other day... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.