Apr 1, 2011

Question of the Day?

Share:

I have yet to see a screen shot of somebody getting a Precious Gem while robbing a property. I'm maxed out on fight loot so I spend all my stamina robbing in Brazil and still haven't robbed a gem from anybody.
I currently have 4 of the 7 Precious Gems and I got 3 from the Daily Take and one from collecting on my properties.
Ever since Brazil was launched, all players are getting a Precious Gem on Day #5 of the Daily Take.
I worry that Zynga will nerf this before I vault my collection and wonder if it's a wise strategy to skip a day so get a Precious Gem every 6 days instead of 7. First you have to take into consideration what you will give up. By not collecting on Day #6 to start back to day one, you also miss out on  day #7. Here are the possible rewards for days # 6 and 7 from the Mafia Wars Wiki Daily Take Page.
Here is what you get for vaulting the Precious Gem Collection. For long term purposes, it wouldn't make sense to skip a day of the Daily Take but to the obsessive compulsives it would get you there 7 days sooner providing you get no duplicate items and nobody steals them from you.
I decided to skip a day because I can't stand to have unvaulted collections. The sooner I vault this thing, the sooner I'll stop caring about it. What are you going to do?


Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

9 comments:

  1. Do you need to be in Brazil when you collect your 5th day take to be able to get a precious gem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? It's only ONE day. You are skipping your +5 skill points for ONE day. Tisk Tisk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubbish.. take off this post...or just edit it... You are poising the readers mind by making them think that by skipping a day they will get a presious stone.. 100 % ruddbish.. It has been few weeks now & I just got 1 presious stone by playing on the 5th day.. on remaining 5th days I got other Vault stuff.... It makes 100% sense to play for the 7th day & take those free skil points. rightly mentioned by Rugger.. & others who will comment later... .... I beleive that you are tooooo carried away by your profile (level & skill points) that you have started talking nonsence... My advice to you is Start thinking for the readers point of you & keep you daily question for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sree~ĆĦÂЯØИ™April 1, 2011 at 6:51 AM

    Jen,the thing is at some stage you eventually get to vault it if you'r an active player by normally collecting from properties & the daily take. Your strategy is only saving a day where you end up missing 5 valuable skill points. I think you may only end up vaulting the collection say a week earlier than you normally could have. So surely not a good option i must observe. But again to each one their own ways of game play.I must say its a good thot on your part:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have collected the Topaz from robbing 2x... one other i got in my Daily Take...the last one...pretty scarce other than that even clearing the hitlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just "luck" whether or not you get the gems. A good friend of mine had them within a few days of starting Brazil. I am still missing the same two and have MANY Pink Diamonds.

    Given that information, I wouldn't consider skipping a day just for a Zyngoid chance in hell of getting what I need anyway!

    To Jen --- Keep up that daily question and your thoughts on the game! As an addict of game mechanics I appreciate the views whether I agree with them or not. We each have our own philosophy of game play, and every point of view is valid (except for those that specifically target an individual with undeserved criticism - those are just nonsense)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I'd realized they could be stolen from the start. Lost 3 (2 of the same one and another. Would have 5 of 7 had I realized that and used the 18 hour robbing defense. Actually emailed "support" (loose term) thinking it was another glitch. For once, it wasn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @the anonymous commenter's who don't like this post. Deal with it or don't read. A small benefit of wasting too many hours of my life writing a blog about Mafia Wars is that I can ask players anything I want. Read the post and I state it's not a good strategy. I just hate having unvaulted collections and this is what I'm choosing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think your strategy quite works.

    day 1 - take 6
    day 2 - take 7
    day 3 - take 1
    ...
    or
    day 1 - take 6
    day 2 - skip
    day 3 - take 1

    Unless I'm not understanding how this daily take thing works, it seems like you're giving up take #7 for nothing. Is there a way to skip a day without actually skipping a day?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.