Mar 24, 2011

Promotion Bonus Sharing

Share:

Yesterday we saw that some players are now getting special bonuses when they level up (1). We also saw that they were able to share their rewards but it remained a mystery of what items mafia members would get for clicking on posts. Normally when you get promoted, your post says "Get the special bonus" and your mafia member gets something not very useful.
Bill Johnson from the PAC has this feature and shared a promotion in which he got a bonus of 2 Reward Points. Rather than all promotion post above, this post has the old school Mafia Wars image and says "Get a great reward".
There are only 3 "great rewards" available so good luck finding these posts and being one of the first 3. I was too late. Joel, also from the PAC was one of the first 3 and got the following message: "You received a Chain Viper from Bill Johnson to celebrate his recent promotion!" Bill replied, "What's great about that?".
There is another way to share your promotion bonus. Ken Owhere did a great job of documenting this on the Mafia Wars Loot Lady Fan Page. Ken got a Golden Promotion and once he added his skill points, he got a Reward Point as a bonus. He then clicked on the "Share" button located within the popup.
He was able to select a mafia member he wanted to share the bonus with. I'm not sure if you can only send the bonus to one person or more. A post is generated that goes to the mafia members wall.
You can also do a search and selected the the mafia member that you want to share your bonus with if you don't like the ones that appear on the popup.
Ken contacted the mafia member that this post was sent to and when he clicked on it he got the following message: "You can only claim milestone rewards that are sent to you." This only makes sense because it's Zynga. These bonuses sound great in theory but so far it looks like more spam opportunities for Zynga. Right now very few post their promotions. The bonuses are crap and the posts don't even say what level you are so there is not much to brag about. I'm sure there are still bugs to work out and hopefully soon we will all see promotion bonuses.

Article written by Jennifer Patterson, Creator of the MW Loot Lady Blog, The Mafia Wars Loot Lady Facebook Fan Page and Co-Host of The Informant Podcast.
All material is protected by copyright law

11 comments:

  1. I got 2 Animal Feeds...not exactly a "great" reward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not even got the mini energy packs yet so I should get these around 2013, why roll out more stuff when not all players have the last roll out, absolute joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got +1 defense and +1attack from my mafia golden promotions you can only get three a day though

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received A Quilled Wristguard from Seckin Saracoglu to celebrate his recent promotion! Quilled Wristguard (Armor 71/49), Rare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mini Energy whats that LMAO my wife gets them and I dont damn newbies get everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the message to use my skill points to qualify for a bonus yet when I do use my skill points I never get any bonuses or pop-up windows when I get promoted/leveled up anymore... I'm not getting the point with this new promotion thing... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just scored a Croc O'Nine Tails (52/73)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't speak to the receiving of the rewards, but I just got my first ability to send them. Indeed after spending the 5 skill points, it presented me with a list of fb friends (many of which are not mw players) to post to their walls. I was able to post to several walls, but it did the same thing the xmas tree protections did where the box moved higher on the page until it was underneath the address bar and I could no longer click to post to more walls. You are incorrect about the search, it only searches through the limited list of people presented to you, not your entire friends or mafia list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't select new people for the bonus. The same people are locked in every time I level and typing a name only chooses from those people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For golden promotions all I get to choose from are inactives and non-players - doesn't let me share w/active players?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. - secret player -
    - great rewards = 3 atk pts, or 3 defense points.

    - croc o nine tails and also quailed wristguard are good.

    - i know a way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will not be published until they are reviewed. Please don't use bad language or insult others. For faster feedback on questions, visit our fan page.